Oculus VR Jam 2015 Test Thread

I mean my snapdragon note 4 on the lollipop update.

Hi Guys:

Having a black screen of death issue with or build and am wondering if we are having the MSAA issue. Can someone please try our build and let us know if you can play it.

Link to project:

Thanks so much for your help!

Oculus is being very patient but we only have the day to solve the issue.

In the project settings under Android do you have “Package game data inside .apk” checked off? This project looks like you guys put alot of effort into it so it seems unrealistic that the apk file you submitted is only 20mb.

Exactly what MrScratch says - OBB file needs to be packaged in the APK - 20meg is the standard engine apk only.
All those post process effects look pretty amazing for the Note 4 and UE4 - wondering what the FPS is?

Can you go into more detail about this? I almost went with a multiplayer idea that would have required listen server support on mobile, but didn’t get around to testing it. Can mobile not function as a listen server?

Also, thank you for giving feedback on MasterStroke! I’m glad you enjoyed it. We put a lot of time and love into it, but it seems to be getting looked over by the community at large. My guess is it’s seen as ‘too simple’, and I figured as much when we went with more of a toy than a complex game. The primary goal was making the disc fun to throw and observe, even for non-gamers.

The mobile platform can not currently host servers from what my testing has shown me. It can however connect to PC clients on Lan as well as online if they port forward 7777. My current plan is to setup a master server on a virtual private server that functions similar to what you see on Steam then release a dedicated server build for free once my project is complete but i’ve still got ways to go before I reach that stage.

Also I wouldn’t worry about MasterStroke being overlooked. There’s so many entries submitted that it’s real easy to skim over. Honestly it’s a pretty solid concept and should do well it the offical Oculus market.

Hi MrScratch,

Thanks for your review. We bit of more then we could chew. We work with UE4 during the day on our Business applications and thought we could do a game in our spare-time. With too many deadlines form our job this turned out to be too much. But once we find some time again we are looking forward to have an other go at it.

Good to see you made it to the finalist !

to all that made the list; congratulations and good luck!