Oculus controls triggering Collision Overlap

I’m really stuck here. I am trying to do something relatively simple. I have a text component of a blueprint. I would like the text to become visible when the VR controller enters the collision box and then disappear when the controller leaves the collision box.

Trouble is I can’t seem to understand how to tell the collision box to only do this when the Oculus game controller overlaps. Any ideas? Thanks

There are a few ways of doing this. One is to create a custom object collision channel for the motion controllers in the project settings. Then under the Collision properties of the motion controller component, set the preset to custom and the Object type to your new channel.

Next in the properties of the collision box, set the collision response to only overlap with the new channel.

Thanks for this quick reply. I’ve haven’t explored custom channels yet, so this should be interesting!

I’ll start digging. Cheers

I’m trying this, but I am running into a recurring problem which is whenever I try and make any changes to the VRPawn the teleport system dies and just stops working. The arc disappears and the pawn will only teleport to a single location in the middle of the room, and grab triggers stop functioning also. I’ve read posts on this, which seems to indicate in might be a collision problem, which would make sense, as in this instance when I set up a custom collision to the controllers (as suggested), the teleport function died again. Even after removing this custom collision, the VRPawn is still not working though?

The teleporter uses the WorldStatic channel to trace the destination. Check that your hands aren’t blocking that channel.

Thanks, but that doesn’t appear to be it, I’ve tried setting the collisions, and also copying a fresh version of the VRPawn asset and that hasn’t fixed either this time!

If you look at the screen shot, I can literally only teleport to the one location. But then I’m stuck there, and the grabs still don’t work.

Hmm, maybe the motion controller component render models don’t work correctly with physics. It might be better to attach another component to them and use that for overlap detection instead.