Oculus 0.7 SDK?

Make sure you turn on your Rift before you start UE4. Then try to play your game by clicking “VR preview”, that should work. In standalone mode you indeed need to go full screen or now that only a direct mode is available, you need to redirect output to the Rift. If Alt+Enter doesn’t work then try executing console command “stereo hmd”, that should redirect output to the Rift, you can also try to set full screen with a command “r.FullScreenMode 0”, see the attached pic (do it in level blueprint). Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

Unreal Engine 4, Oculus 0.6.0.1 commands (you need a GitHub account):
https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/blob/4.7-0.6/UE4-Oculus.txt

Note: if nothing works, try stopping Oculus runtime and starting it again or restart your PC. Make sure you have the latest gpu drivers and Oculus runtime 0.7 installed.

NVIDIA Oculus 0.7 SDK VR driver

AMD Oculus 0.7 SDK VR driver

Is there something really important we need to know to set in blueprint for oculus developement ? I’m new to this… For exemple i tried to test the (consoledev on) cmd to activat the hmdwarp 1=1 feature and it doesn’t seem to work anymore with this version.

Anyway, Is there something really important to do in blueprint for oculus developement ?

Ah-ha! Thanks I got it working now. I had not turned on the Rift prior to starting up the editor, and so I never saw the VR Preview option, and thus didn’t even know it existed! The documentation makes no mention of it, it really should :frowning:

Anyway I powered up my Rift first then started the Editor and now it all works. Thanks!

The answer is no. The reason for it is, that Oculus should and does, for the most part, take care of everything. There are however, a number of things I like to explicitly declare myself.

Commands I usually explicitly execute at the start of a VR game:

hmd qahead on (improve performance, docs here)
hmd timewarp on
hmd mirror mode 1 (undistorted stereo view, for best performance - turn mirror off “hmd mirror off”)
hmd pd 1.0 (Sets pixel density in the center (default is 1.0) - lower for better performance, higher for better quality)

lowPersistance.PNG

r.HZBOcclusion 0
r.FinishCurrentFrame 0
r.RHICmdBypass 0 (enable multi-threaded renderer)

Hey N8128 thanks for the hints

I found on my side that when i use the stereo on in console command the light on my headset (dk2) is turning yellow and the screen is not responding it freezing what the hell !??

edit: By the way… in vr preview it work well.

Other thing… is there a way to make the hmdwarp s=13 cmd to be fonctionnal in the 4.9 ? Can’t seem to work consoledev on or hmdwarp 1=1 either.

Sorry for the slow reply on this :slight_smile:

https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine

Your link is broken.

The link is not broken. If you are getting a 404 error then you haven’t either logged in to GitHub or you haven’t associated your account. https://www.unrealengine.com/ue4-on-github

I wonder if the 0.7 hotfix will fix the judder problem present in all Unreal based Oculus experiences I’ve tried. I have a Windows 10 system with an Nvidia GTX980. I’ve found that the quality needs to be reduced quite a lot in order to get a decent FPS (as people have been doing for Unreal Paris). Is this expected? If this is not an Unreal problem then what kind of hardware is needed to run Unreal VR games at good quality settings?

I have a GTX980TI and i also need to reduced the quality with oculus. I think all the HMD out there at the moment is simply not ready for the high quality.

At the moment i can run my scene at 230 screenspace without judder. but more i push the screenspace black artifact appear on the right eye and also judder :s
The black artifact seem to be related to the 4.9 version.

I’m getting that too on 4.8 with the 0.7 SDK. I think it’s the 0.7 runtime or NVidia drivers and happens when your game drops below the required framerate.

Yes. you are right it seem to be related to the 0.7 runtime. i tried with 4.8 too and tried to change my nvidia driver and i got the same black ‘‘patch’’ artifact.