Ocean Level Differentiating

Whenever I try to implement in ocean within my UEFN maps, the water level differentiates at a certain point. There is an inside square that is about 5m above the rest of the world’s ocean, but the collision for the inside square is used everywhere. Could anyone please help me debug this?

Whenever I save, I get this error:
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/Wisp_Island/Wisp_Island.Wisp_Island:PersistentLevel.VK_Waterbody_Ocean_C_UAID_401A581673657EBB01_1665859818.OceanCollisionBoxComponent_1:bFillCollisionUnderneathForNavmesh’, Class /Script/Engine.PrimitiveComponent

It happens on every map I try to use the ‘Ocean,’ ‘River,’ or ‘Lake’ assets on. Which I need because I create maps that utilize these assets, and the visual bug with the error gives me major concerns.

Hey YT Jj183,

Yeah its a bit ?? and ! !

The square is the WaterZone, inside is where you want your playable map parts to be. Its 5m higher than outside the square because its simulating ocean movement according to the ocean settings and when the waves are troughs, you dont want them to drop below the lowered ocean level outside the WaterZone.
Because outside the square is just for distance visuals and should appear to extend to the horizon and doesn’t need to be seen with the same wave effects because of distance.

Make your Waterzone big enough to look right from where your players can go within it by adjusting the WaterZone - Zone Extent settings. (64000, 64000 is sufficient for a normal blank map but you can make it bigger if needed like 128000 or more)

Then make the Zone Extent settings in your VK Waterbody Ocean the same value as the WaterZones so they match. And also the transform locations should be the same.

The illegal property modification error can be ignored, don’t worry about it, it appears every time a change is made, but should go away after a save.

Sometimes when using a few different water types they overlap and conflict, but if you set the Oceans centre hole spline around the outside of the River and Lakes it should be OK.