Objects not visible in play mode, but visible in editor and packaged game

Hello.

I have this problem with my game, I added some Quixel Megascan assets and created a small campfire with them, I just dragged the meshes into the scene.

In editor, I can see them just fine, when I package the game, they are there. However when I play in the viewport or launch as standalone game the meshes are not visible and their collision is gone too like they dont exist at all.

I have made sure that they are set as visible, and the options Actor Hidden In Game and Is Editor Only are not checked. This is really frustrating because I cannot test the game without having to package it everytime which takes time.

Any help is appreciated

UPDATE

So after further testing, I have found out that it has something to do with bounds and scaling.

For the cabin all I had to do was change the bounds from 1 to 10 and it is now visible without any issues.

However I tried doing the same thing with the table, and it seems to work only in certain scale. I have to have the bounds at 10, and the scale has to be 3.70 or higher, as soon as I go bellow that the object disappears once again, and doesn’t reappear no matter how I change the bounds.

Still no idea how to fix it tho

Managed to fix this issue by setting the mesh from Static to Stationary… Still no idea what the issue was, but it is solved!

1 Like

hello, I Have tried to set as stationary but it didn’t work with me and I tried to make it BP and, it worked

Had similar problem and changing from Movable to Stationary worked for me.

It would be nice to find another fix though