"Objects have the same fully qualified name but different paths" but they have the same path

I keep getting this error when I open my project and I have no idea how to fix it.

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 2387] Objects have the same fully qualified name but different paths. New Object: CombatComponent /Script/Hivaneph.Default__PlayerCharacter.CombatComponent Existing Object: CombatComponent /Script/Hivaneph.Default__PlayerCharacter:CombatComponent

The new object and the existing object have exactly the same path. I’ve read that this might be due to a hot-reload and a simple recompile can fix the issue, but no matter how many times I recompile I keep getting the error. I have cleaned the binaries, intermediate and saved folders and re-generated the VS project files, nothing. I have also tried building as Development Editor and DebugGame Editor in Visual Studio, no luck (and btw the error is even more consistent in Development Editor).

I can almost never get the editor to open and when I do the editor crashes when opening my game’s level.

This is how I create the combat component:

combatComponent = CreateDefaultSubobject<UCombatComponent>(TEXT("CombatComponent"));

Also, combatComponent is in a class called ABaseEntity, which is the parent of APlayerCharacter.

This is also happening with other components and now even with a custom anim notify state.

Any ideas?

**EDIT: **My log is also full of “LogUObjectHash: Warning: Ambiguous search, could be Class /Script/MyGame.BaseEnemy or Class /Script/MyGame.BaseEnemy”. Apparently, this is happening for every single class.

I know this is an old post, but it’s the first hit you get when Googling the error message so I thought I’d post the solution I used to fix the issue I had. In my case, I had created a whole new set of blueprints and used the Replace Reference function which was supposed to remove all references to the old blueprint and replace with the new one, and then delete the old blueprint. What happened was that one of the maps I had didn’t replace the references properly, so it ended up with invalid or corrupted blueprint objects being present in the level.

In my case, the editor wouldn’t start at all, it would just crash with that error message. Here is how I got around it:

1. If it’s a map causing this error message like it was with me, then open DefaultEngine.ini in your Config folder, and in the [/Script/EngineSettings.GameMapsSettings] section change the EditorStartupMap to something else so the editor can boot, but DON’T open the editor yet
  2. Move the offending asset from the content directory in Windows to a temporary place elsewhere
  3. Start the editor
  4. Open up the browser tree on the left, right click on the Content folder and “fix up redirectors in folder”. This may take a few minutes
  5. Close the editor, then put the asset you moved out of the content folder back in
  6. Restart the editor, you will like see some error messages pop up about invalid references, and you should find the asset will be back again, but with the offending references reset to “none” (or just missing from the level if it was a level that was crashing)
  7. Replace the missing settings / objects in your blueprint / map and save. You should be good to go now!
4 Likes

Sir, in my darkest moment, your advice shines trough . Thank you!

5 Likes

OMG. My lord, you have turned defeat into victory. I am in your debt. It works! Thanks

1 Like

I know it´s an old post, but this problem seeems to be back in unreal 5.0.3
I don´t know if was in 5.0.2 before, but it is definitely back in 5.0.3.

The solution from @anonymous_user_a9f2a7a11 does work, we already do this everytime this comes up, but, as this is a pretty often occuring bug in our project right now, i want to figure out where this comes from.
So if anyone else is experiencing this problem with ue5, please let me know, and if you have any thoughts about what causes this or even better, how to fix this permanently please post a solution here. I will too if we find out what to do.
Best regards :wink:

4 Likes

My error reads:
Fatal error: [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 3286] Objects have the same fully qualified name but different paths. New Object: NamedInterfaces /Script/OnlineSubsystem.Default__NamedInterfaces Existing Object: NamedInterfaces /Script/OnlineSubsystem.Default__NamedInterfaces

It doesn’t appear to be a map that is the issue so how would you suggest I fix this? :frowning: Any ideas?

Well it’s a really old post, but my opinion is the same with anonymous guy who tried sharing his solution.
Hey I got the same question today and seems caused by a subsystem, I just delete the Intermediate, Binaries and Saved folder in the project and manually rebuild the whole game and it got fixed, hope this can help others who met this issue.