NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Hello
I am trying to use the UE4-waveworks integration for ship-dynamics, but I am struggling with understanding how to read back the vertex displacements from the simulation as a starting point for doing buoyancy simulation. In an early presentation of waveworks (GDC2013), a GetDisplacements() method was indicated (below)

Is way of doing it abandoned and replaced by something else? Please. Can anyone guide me in the right direction ?

The GetDisplacements function is still available in the API:

// Retrieve an array of simulated displacements for some given array of x-y locations - use GetReadbackCursor() to identify the
// kick which produced the simulation results that are about to be retrieved
GFSDK_WAVEWORKS_DECL(gfsdk_waveworks_result    ) GFSDK_WaveWorks_Simulation_GetDisplacements(GFSDK_WaveWorks_SimulationHandle hSim, const gfsdk_float2* inSamplePoints, gfsdk_float4* outDisplacements, gfsdk_U32 numSamples);

I havenā€™t done any work with WaveWorks, so thats about all the help I can provide. But as far as I can tell, as long as you have the WaveWorks Simulation Handle, its just a matter of calling the above function, and doing something with the out variables.

Hey ,

Do you still keep separate branches for different features in 4.8 (HBAO, VXGi etc.)? The reason Iā€™m asking is because I compiled your merged 4.8 branch, but unfortunately it has some issues with deferred decals, which are absolutely essential for me. I donā€™t know whether itā€™s 4.8 itself or some of the merged Nvidia techs, but I was wondering if you are planning on creating a ā€œcleanā€ 4.8 build with just HBAO ( is probably the most stable and usable as of now)? Would be , but of course thatā€™s only if you got some spare time.

Thank you . That helps me to get going.

I believe the deferred decals is due to one of the NVIDIA techs. As I do have the same. I havenā€™t maintained any separate branches, as I use the same version of the engine that I release for my projects. I do plan to support being able to turn off compilation of the features you donā€™t need. is already enabled for Flex, but not for the other techs at time.

Thanks for quick reply, . Good to hear Iā€™m not the only one experiencing deferred decals (flickering screen, right?). So, since you have no separate branch for HBAO, I guess Iā€™d have to stick with 4.7.4 (the one from Nvidiaā€™s repository), or just wait til they make a clean HBAO only 4.8 version. Anyway, thanks for clarifying that (oh, and the version where you can shut off unneeded techs would be just perfect!).

Oh, and if you manage to fix the decal somehow, please let us know how. Thx!

hmā€¦ to bad so nvidia needs to fix it

Yes flickering screen is the, as for a separate HBAO branch, if I get some free time week, I can do it, HBAO is actually one of the easiest branches to integrate with newer versions.

No, need to determine what is causing the. It seems using NVIDIAā€™s HairWorks branch with the fix provided, works without any issues, so something else appears to be causing issues with my branch, it could be one of the other techs.

That would be very kind of you, sir! Hopefully, itā€™s not the HBAO thatā€™s causing flickering (I really doubt that). Epic guys should just integrate HBAO already, so we wonā€™t have to bother you with all the time :slight_smile: Itā€™s working perfectly, and the amount of depth it adds to the scene is just amazing.

Any news from TXAA?

Hmā€¦ i love your branch so much, would be if you find out whats causing it :slight_smile:

I dont do help me please

ok ok relax. im not gonna help you.

I understand English is not your first language. If you would be using Google Translate you probably would be easier to understand. request of yours doesnā€™t make any senseā€¦

Hey,

can you please elaborate regarding the reason for error?

[2015.06.29-17.56.08:991] 0]LogFlex:Warning: Flex Error: Could not initialize Flex, error querying devices., ā€¦/ā€¦/ā€¦/flex.cu:4610

My setup is a bit unique, I have 2 AMD R9 290x that I use for other development and now I also have GTX960 just for Flex research.

The GTX960 is set to be the main display and the flex 0.8 standalone demo works as it should the UE integration on the other hand fails.

P.S.

Would it be possible to get an update on the DirectCompute version? I am working on a project where we want to use Flex as core gameplay mechanism.

https://developer.nvidia/content/hairworks-11-release
HairWorks 1.1 Release

I have just compiled directly from my branch and it all compiles mine and the hairworks, If anyone else can compile and check : https://github/kingbobski/UnrealEngine/tree/patch-1

I have no with it but two other people have, If we could get a few more people to compile it, I have also checked my own UE4 fork (On my private server) and i have not done any other fixes other the ones in the pull requestsā€¦ I think it will be a prerequisite but currently unknown!

Hope you guys enjoy it if we can get it all working! :slight_smile:

looks fantastic! Thanks for the link, I just hope Nvidia get into their UE branch ASAP!

Have you tried completely disabling the AMD card, I just have a Nvidia card and itā€™s all good! Also I would not exactly make a core gameplay mechanic to be Flex because that will then an Nvidia Exclusive game! But if thatā€™s how you want to do it! :slight_smile:

ı download to nvidia tech bracnh and compile but not a package project build error
I guess 2 fix files and fix package problem
I copy and paste all on the visual studio save and close
open ue4.sln file and compile again
open ue4 new level fps dont touch anything and click the package project windows so time wait and build error
dont do to ssr setting
ufff dont everythingā€¦
please have branch and fixes please upload to me torrent or anotherā€¦

From the context, I can only understand you cannot package a game, community of aware of and we are working on fixes to get games to package correctly!

@: Any idea when you guys start implementing FaceWorks?