NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Does have anything to do with my branch or the NVIDIA branch of UE4? There is an answer in that thread already. It is not actually an, its just the nature of UV’s since they switched from BSP to static meshes (In BSP you could scale the texture on the surface, Static Meshes you cannot). You need to do as stated in the thread and modify the material to adjust the scaling. If is not the (or it directly relates to NVIDIA or my branch) then please describe the in as much detail as possible.

Maybe the asset was exported with old version of HairWorks.

I think you can do it by manually setting up a hair asset structure.

Hi,
Is someone working on an exporter or a plugin for Blender, which can export splines or guide to hairworks viewer and UE4 ??

LOL, Galaxy i found the problem what was causing the memory downclock… and it happend in 3ds aswell so for sure it wasnt your branch,
what i did is i went to Nvidia control panel and then change to CPU… and THAT fixed my problem… maybe its driver issues since its the first driver with GTX 980Ti :]
hope nvidia going to fix it and again THX all the hard work galaxy

edit :
Titan X clock in 3dsMax.
is a very old going back years and it’s caused by the plugin. A quick fix is to go into your Nvidia Control Panel and under the Configure SLI, Surround, settings, change the setting to CPU.

Or if you would like to keep to use GPU (if you game), you can go into your 3ds /stdplugs folder and scroll down to the .dlm file, rename it to .bak and restart 3ds . You will be unable to use MassFX though by forcing the Physix plugin 3dmax to be disabled way.

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone using the Turbulence branch has noticed how the particles seem to freak out when you move the camera around. It looks like the particle system resets after a few seconds and goes back to normal but as soon as you move the camera it freaks out again. If anyone else is seeing the same behaviour is there a simple fix? I am using a first person template pawn to run around with.

Thanks guys.

zakman dont know how its looking like for you but a video how it looks like :smiley:
watch?v=6A8awnIkb7E

Hey , It looked the same for me before I made a new game mode and used a first person pawn. The problem only shows up when i’m using that pawn. If I remove the pawn and just fly around (it is set up way by default), then I don’t have any issues.

, Thanks for the great efforts, dude.

Just tested your last 4.8 all-in-one build. All is great, except that VXGI Specular didn’t work at all. I used a copy of a project made with Nvidia’s 4.7.5 build, and it used to work flawlessly on that.

Any ideas??

It’s been about a month now since we got our hands on that first sample of hairworks. Any word on any developments? Can’t wait to see it with some more lighting features.

I’ve been trying to debug what may be the same problem. Specular works fine in the editor, but in the game it takes a lot more time to produce an incorrect result. Diffuse works fine in both. If I change the ReflectionApply shader to just output the VXGI specular buffer, is what it outputs in game vs editor:

Just Realized that you have to remove ALL reflection captures from scene in order for VXGI reflections to work.

Very strange, and it was never mentioned in Nvidia’s UE4 VXGI documents.

Yeah I do recall having to do a similar thing actually, so when im testing VXGI, I have a level that has SSR turned off, no sphere reflections, and a skylight with a tiny intensity if any at all.

I have just noticed that in the latest vxgi release, SSRs don’t seem to be be working at all - even when turning off vxgi.
Is the same with everyone else?

what? im on Galaxy man’s build and its working perfect. Speculars reflections are all working…

Why cant we bake light onto foliage like to save performance? It would still look pretty decent even duplicated around if you can bake the leaf textures and blend between different materials based on tod, no? Why must the g.i. still be present and not be able to be baked into 1 tree and then duplicate that baked tree around without baking tons of trees at once?

Is a that doesn’t exist yet? To bake 1 thing and be able to duplicate it with the lighting and bake information on that object intact without having to re-bake or bake it together?

For some reason I can’t get both SSR and VXGI spec to work anymore with latest version, even when i make the modification to the shader code:
SpecularLighting.rgb += ScreenSpaceData.VxgiSpecular.rgb;

Yes I noticed that too. SSR gets disabled somewhere else earlier AFAICS. I dont know where.

oh… Screen Space Reflections right? I thought it supposed to do . By the way why do you guys need SSR? when we have reflection?

My card is too bad to handle VXGI spec anyways but always know all your options. VXGI specular is quite unsharp isnt it? :slight_smile: Looks gorcious for soft polished things but if you need something sharper…

Dynamic reflection captures would be cool. (probably exist but Im too numb to know how to enable and use them)