NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

That’s just emissive materials

As said, its just two emissive objects, they are the only lights in the scene. But I can include it none the less

Okay as promised, is VXGI integrated into UE4 4.7.3: //UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI

So, the process for installing, I think should work, is the following:

1. Download the source from the VXGI branch
  2. Make a copy of “Engine\Source\ThirdParty\NVIDIA” folder and paste somewhere
  3. Run setup.bat to download all the UE4 dependencies
  4. Overwrite the NVIDIA directory from above with the one you backed up (the dependency install overwrites changes required).
  5. Generate project files and compile

Inside “Engine\Samples” I have provided the sample from above, its not complex or anything, but has all the basic barebones required for VXGI to work. If it asks to upgrade the project, just ignore and open (doesn’t need to be upgraded)

EDIT:

Also I should mention, if you do get a crash trying to use my version. Then open the BaseEngine.ini and change “bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=true” to “bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=false”. Apologies I forgot to change back when I was experimenting.

Is anyone getting error? UE4 source and normal 4.7 from launcher working just fine. But VXGI giving me error. Cant get any log or something like that.

You should be able to see where the actual error is coming from, in the log files that are generated. As that error is typical when trying to launch the CrashReportClient.exe - Well its typical for me on my Windows 8 machine. So check Saved\Logs and see if there are any log files for you to examine, and paste any stack trace u can find.

Yeah it occurs when crash report tries to run. I just randomly removed dbghelp.dll from win 64 folder. Then crash reporter worked and asked me to recompile ShaderCompileWorker and i recompiled then i got .

-----------EDIT-----------------------
warning is nothing to do with error right?

Sounds great. Any for a preview? I seen NVIDIA`s preview, but I wonder if we can get a look at how it will look in UE4?

<3

Will leave my hour+ compile time for tomorrow but thanks heaps =]

Is from my version (v4.7.3)? Or from the 4.6.1 version?

Correct, you can ignore that one safetly.

its from 4.6. Im compiling 4.7.3 now.

, don’t know if it was , but bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=true causes VXGI to stop working on all but 9xx cards I guess. Try setting it to false too. If you still have the build of NVidia, the sample project coming with it has setting once more in its own configurations.

And yea, the dbghelp.dll coming with UE4 is another, incompatible, one then what I have on my system too, and it doesn’t work. Maybe someone should make a support ticket for Epic about , I mentioned it in two bug reports but I didn’t had the feeling they looked at particular thing.

Okay Flex branch is up now, works on 4.7.3: //UnrealEngine/tree/Flex

Make sure to use the Sample provided (its the same sample as the official NVidia one, just also updated). Previous versions of the sample will show corrupted meshes for cloth assets.

Will be working on a merged branch now, then will add the others.

@Oh thank you. I guess you’re right. Its working now.

@ Thank you. Gonna wait for your Merged branch! :smiley:

Merged branch now available. Currently contains a merge of VXGI and Flex for UE4 4.7.3: //UnrealEngine/tree/Merged

Instructions for installation are the same as VXGI installation:

1. Download the source from the Merged branch
  2. Make a copy of “Engine\Source\ThirdParty\NVIDIA” folder and paste somewhere
  3. Run setup.bat to download all the UE4 dependencies
  4. Overwrite the NVIDIA directory from above with the one you backed up (the dependency install overwrites changes required).
  5. Generate project files and compile

Flex objects cannot cast emissive light, but can receive. Also BSP surfaces dont work with VXGI at all, so don’t be surprised if you try to use VXGI in the Flex demo and u see nothing. Just replace the BSP with static meshes and all should be good.

Thanks for sharing it!

I’m getting those errors when I try to build the engine:

&stc=1

I tried to rebuild ShaderCompileWorker but those errors keep appearing. Any ideas?

Did you backup ur NVIDIA directory prior to running setup.bat and then repaste it back over after? As running the dependecy downloaded actually overwrites some files in the NVIDIA directory that are required, and thats the error u get when that happens.

Wow you’re fast. By the way have you tried waveworks with vxgi? Couple pages ago i tried 's merged version and vxgi, waveworks not cooperating :stuck_out_tongue: im just curious :stuck_out_tongue:

Up to that one now. So I will work on WaveWorks standalone first, get it running on 4.7.3 and then will see what it takes to merge with the other two.

Yea well if it does work together that would be cool, last communication with NVidia was there’s a resource contention between FleX and WaveWorks and they are working on it.

I didn’t mean to offend you by saying that xD