NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

yeh i still can’t make work - i’ve got it set to false. I have a gtx780

Don’t know if it helps, but the new sample project has set it in its own DefaultEngine.ini file too, maybe that overwrites what you have setup.

Thanks, that’s what it was.

Anyone saw ? https://developer.nvidia/content/nvidia-gameworks-increases-pace-innovation-unreal-engine-4-games

It seems we will get monster example when HairWorks will be released:

is definately UE4 Editor (just like all the other pics). We need the HBAO+ sample too (I know promised that the developer behind it will release it).

ok lets hope VXGI and Hairworks works both in one engine*

Hey guys, hope doesn’t push thread off topic too much, but with the CPU code being opened up I’ve been wondering a few things about GameWorks and Flex, and since some of you guys are already using the GameWorks branches, I figured might be the best place to ask:

1. How well do the VisualFX libraries run on Non-Nvidia products (AMD and Intel iGPUs)
  2. Anyone know if Flex will be Nvidia only? I heard somewhere that there is a planned DirectCompute version of Flex, but I haven’t heard much since then.

Also, just a quick note, let’s keep responses civil =)

Yesterday i tried Hairworks on maya and viewer. That was something! Actually i got beyond my expectation. I really did not expected that result. Cant wait for it!

/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/ page doesn’t work for me, 404 error.
://i.imgur/nQrHLcv.jpg

First of all, thanks nVidia for opening up Gameworks!

Since i’m not really a programmer nor deep enough experienced with graphical engineering, i still got some questions.

1. Is Gameworks, manufacturer independent or limited to certain nVidia cards? Mainly asking for HBAO.
  2. Epic said that their SVOGI approach was rather performance heavy, how is VXGI doing in comparison?
  3. Again i’m not a programmer so excuse if my last question sounds stupid. Is there any we can get single Gameworks elements as a plugin?

Thanks in advanced.
-.R

Hello!

When I click on the github link, I get the 404 page :frowning: What am I missing?

Cheers!

You need to link your GitHub account in https://www.unrealengine/settings

That did the trick :slight_smile: I’m such a github noob :smiley:

Cheers!

1. HBAO+ should work on graphics cards, regardless of vendor.
  2. VXGI has better performance than SVOGI, because the SVO part of it (Sparse Voxel Octrees) have been replaced by a more efficient implementation based on clipmaps. However VXGI is still a leading-edge and is not expected to provide performance of a baked lightmap solution.
  3. The Plugin system doesn’t provide the features necessary to provide the Gameworks modules. Source level integration is needed.

The Direct Compute version of FleX is still in development.

I am very eager to get the HairWorks-UE4 integration pushed up onto Github, but there is more work ahead before we can do that. The latest I heard is that HW will be available in mid-April. Sorry for the delay! The first release will have some rendering limitations, but we plan to follow up with rendering improvements within a month or so after the first release.

Thanks for the clarification and keep up the good work guys.

@ On topic Off topic question. AMD (ATI) unveiled their Radeon R9 390X and it uses HBM and new stacked meory tech compatible with .3:
Radeon R9 390X : ://www.redgamingtech/r9-390x-features-8gb-hmb-8-2tflops-performance-gtx-980-rumored-specs/

://www.nextpowerup/news/19156/nvidia-titan-x-specs-price-benchmarks-leaked-performance-compared-with-amd-r9-390x.html

://www.dsogaming/news/new-amd-presentation-slide-reveals-details-about-r9-390x-supports-dx12_3-packs-8gb-of-vram/

I really don’t know what Nvidia has in mind but time they are late in the party for not unveiling their Pascal Cards first (but instead they unveiled teh GTX Titan X) which as an NVidia supporter (for many years) really makes feel forsaken and neglected.
Like n00854180t said, You and your time are doing greater and more impressive work. Good continuation. :slight_smile: Looking forward to see NVidia unveil their Pascal cards at GTC so I can finally burry my useless laptop and get a new one with the new Pascal Cards, so I can run UE4 with no hurdle. Thanks !

Thank you very much for the infos. But in my previous post, I was talking about the Leaves sample for HBAO+ that you promsied its dev will release it. Looking forward to also see the water and sand shaders for FLEX . :slight_smile: Thanks !

Oh thank god, it is true! I appreciate the response =)

Flex pakaging possible?

Hi,

Sorry if is a dumb question but I did not know where else to ask.
I made a small demo using the fleX unreal engine version. I wanted to show what I made to a friend but when I tried packaging the game I got the error:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ErrorReporter.Error: ERROR: AutomationTool error: No files found to deploy for I:\UE4\flexDevelopment\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Binaries\Win64 with wildcard UE4Game-Win64-Shipping.exe and exclusions
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationTool: No files found to deploy for I:\UE4\flexDevelopment\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Binaries\Win64 with wildcard UE4Game-Win64-Shipping.exe and exclusions 
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace:    bei DeploymentContext.StageFiles(StagedFi
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): leType FileType, String InPath, String Wildcard, Boolean bRecursive, String] ExcludeWildcard, String NewPath, Boolean bAllowNone, Boolean bRemap, String NewName) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\DeploymentContext.cs:Zeile 319.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei BaseWinPlatform.StageExecutable(String Ext, DeploymentContext SC, String InPath, String Wildcard, Boolean bRecursive, String] ExcludeWildcard, String NewPath, Boolean bAllowNone, StagedFileType InStageFileType, String NewName) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Win\WinPlatform.Automation.cs:Zeile 20.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei BaseWinPlatform.GetFilesToDeployOrStage(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Win\WinPlatform.Automation.cs:Zeile 147.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei Win64Platform.GetFilesToDeployOrStage(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Win\WinPlatform.Automation.cs:Zeile 328.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei Project.CreateStagingManifest(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automation.cs:Zeile 199.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automation.cs:Zeile 1101.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:Zeile 258.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei BuildCommand.Execute() in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildCommand.cs:Zeile 37.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:Zeile 371.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:Zeile 343.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:Zeile 167.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param) in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Utils.cs:Zeile 649.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):    bei AutomationTool.Program.Main() in c:\Users\janSt_000\Desktop\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:Zeile 114.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: No files found to deploy for I:\UE4\flexDevelopment\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Binaries\Win64 with wildcard UE4Game-Win64-Shipping.exe and exclusions 
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=30
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationToolLauncher exiting with ExitCode=30
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
 MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED

Is there fleX unreal engine not ready for packaging yet or is the error on my side?

Thanks for listening :slight_smile: