NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

If you look in \Flexproject\Documentation there is a tutorial on authoring flex assets in UE4.

If you create something cool, please make a video tutorial.

Cheers

Thanks for the tipā€¦kind of missed it :slight_smile:

Is anyone else getting a 404 in the Github link?

Is you GitHub account linked and logged in?

Yeah Iā€™m logged inā€¦ it even says NvPhysX has no activity, repositories, anything. Weird.

Odd. /NvPhysX/UnrealEngine works fine for me.

Works fine for me as well.

Go to www.unrealengine and sign in, then click on the ā€œProfileā€ tab. Make sure your GitHub user name is typed into the ā€œGitHub Account Nameā€ box, and it is case sensitive so make sure it is exactly the same, and then hit save.

After that you should be able to access the repo, entering your account into that field enters you into the ā€œEpic Gamesā€ organization on GitHub. Hope that helps!

Ahh, yes, thatā€™s what was missing. Thanks for the help!

Itā€™s broken for me too. I filed a support request with Github.

Still under development, Iā€™m afraid. A few unrelated support issues have taken up some time. Sorry about that.

Github Issues are fixed now! Many thanks to the prompt support at Github! Please feel free to file new issues, and weā€™ll try to get to them ASAP.

Help! I builded the VXGI branch in Visual Studio with no problems, but when I try to run it, it says that ā€œUE4Editor.exe has triggered a breakpointā€ and it will either exit if I try to continue or hold the executionā€¦ Any clues on what to do?

Edit: Apparently it says ā€œRan out of memory allocating 58731628704 bytes with alignment 0ā€. Is 8GB of RAM not enough to run build?

Look for ā€œShaderCompilerWorkerā€ in the Visual Studio solution explorer and build it.

Yup, nailed it. Thanks!

So no matter what I do, I cannot build the VXGI branch at allā€¦ am I missing something obvious?

://i.imgur/NGLQuBu.jpg

I think some files were overwritten by the Setup utility. Did you switch to the VXGI branch before or after running Setup.bat? The way I do is
(1) git clone the default release branch
(2) run setup.bat;
(3) git branch VXGI origin/VXGI
(4) git checkout VXGI
(5) generate project files
(6) build

ā€“

Ah great, Iā€™ll give that a go. Thanks .

Nice video, thanks for sharing. Could you please be more specific about ā€œā€¦some minor issues with the VXGI specularity.ā€?

Thanks,

quick question ā€¦

can flex handle water drops simulation. like water droplets on windshield. kinda like how driveclub does it?

We havenā€™t provided the fluid surface rendering solution yet, but once we do, yes, that should work I think. You can adjust viscosity and adhesion, etc.