NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Does anyone know if problem above is fixed in 4.20.3 VXGI?

I have ported VXGI 1 into 4.19 and it works as intended. I will port it to 4.20 by the end of weekend, but I believe many more changes were made in 4.21 regarding a few things, so I may not have the required skill for 4.21 VXGI 1.

I can upload 4.19 if anyone wants that, it has everything merged in GW with VXGI 1 instead. It’s a built local version though so like 15gb dl.

just upload the branch onto github i would like thanks, maybe can get VXGI 1 merged in with newer 4.20+

I doubt it’ll be quick port to 4.20+, at least VXGI 2 wouldn’t have been (also reason why there’s no VXGI 2 on my 4.20-GameWorks branch).

can you upload to github or something? thanks

I will checkout 4.20 and try to branch it all the proper way

I was worried about that, it is because I did not originally use github locally, and would have to spend hours starting from scratch for no reason. I guess I will have to take it down now,

I mean I’m not too familiar with git but why can’t you just fork from UE4 and create new file/upload your files as a new branch.
I don’t personally use gameworks right now, I just didn’t want to see anyone get in trouble, but I also don’t want to see you waste hours rebuilding a repository if you don’t need too.

Maybe has some tips.

If the gitignore is setup right, all you’d need to do is to make your own fork, checkout 4.19.2-release and make a custom branch from it, then copy/paste from your offline version there and overwrite all engine files in that dir, add all changes to git, commit and if it’s fine, push to github.

Sometimes these GameWorks branches don’t have all things setup for gitignore so it will also ignore some needed binary files but can’t tell how it was on VXGI. I personally avoid issues like these most of the time by doing the merges in place so those binaries will be included regardless. If some files do get left behind, you just have to manually edit the .gitignore.

All being said… how on earth did you manage to merge VXGI 1 without git? There are tons of changes all around the engine for so doing it manually must have taken ages (plus it’s more error prone).

Ya it took several hours because 4.19 had shader and camera matrix changes from 4.18, so I had to change a few things around in the code. I think 4.20 has more of these changes so I am not sure about going any further with it. I even used Notepad++ instead of github lol.

Why are you guys messing with 4.20 when it has a lot of issues, especially with physics, shouldn’t you be messing with 4.21. At least.

@edulofter Hi. Can you explain to me how to move flex last stable release for ue4 (it’s 19.2 version) to 21.1.2 i.e to a repository “GameWorks” by @ ? How i can start to do it? I’m a beginner but i very, very need it. Any advice will be very highly rated.

@ahmadsy1 he was quoting my post from last month (I dunno why):

@ I tried to build. But, of course, i got so many stupid errors, which was never appearing in early versions.

Hey anyone knows how to Interact with an Hairworks Component?

Means when my Hero Have 1 Hairworks Asset(Material) how can i change variable from Material?

is Kinda Bad, nothing works, and i get everytime returning hairworksmat_0 on debugging.

(blueprint)

is expected as nobody has ported FleX fully to 4.21. If anyone wants to get it running, they need to first learn git and how UE4’s c++ engine code works and then spend from few days to weeks to fix it (depending on your skill level and how fast you work).

@ is Blast completely implemented as plugin? Or does it require engine modifications to use in stock 4.21.2?

Blast is included in regular ue4 4.22 branch. It requires some engine changes for 4.21

• thank you!

Unfortunately, when I enable plugin in 4.22 Preview I get:

" Plugin BlastPlugin failed to load because module BlastAuthoring could not be loaded. There may be operating system error or the module may not be properly setup"

:frowning:

@OptimisticMonkey

Maybe you need to change BuildID in .modules files? It could coincide with other module files.