NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

4.20 hairworks ???

As mentioned, I looked at it briefly, it would require bit too much of my time to port to 4.20 due to the engine changes on integration so Iā€™m not porting it myself, but of course someone else might still do it. The techs Iā€™ve ported didnā€™t require huge amount of work and thatā€™s how they were selected now.

At stage Iā€™m waiting for 4.20 HairWorks to appear on https://github/niexuchina/UnrealEngineHairWorks and the other GameWorks things at (they are still all at 4.19)

is only 4.19

I removed the offending check from 4.20 that made FleX crash on softbodies and FleX seems to run now, is not a good solution but it acts as workaround for the time being. I still need to fix some of the issues found in packaging so Iā€™ll probably push FleX into 4.20 GameWorks repo tomorrow.

I pushed the FleX update and added readme into: https://github//UnrealEngiā€¦4.20-GameWorks

Be sure to check the readme for further details.

Thatā€™s great. It looks like we only need VXGI and Waveworks to get the full Gameworks 4.20 fantasy engine!ļ¼ļ¼

Added HBAO+ 4 into my4.20-GameWorks merge. Itā€™s a slightly modified integration to fix some issues: it now uses SSAO RT instead of screen color, which a) lets us use properly in forward rendering b) letā€™s us use ue4ā€™s own ambient occlusion buffer visualization for HBAO+ c) in deferred, will give weaker AO on lit areas, just like with built-in SSAO. New limitation of approach is that you canā€™t use HBAO+ and SSAO both on deferred now, so to see HBAO+, make sure SSAO is disabled.

[COLOR=#222222][SIZE=16px]Good afternoon! Faced a problem. After running Setup.bat when the last 8 files are loaded[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][SIZE=16px], i receive an error: Failed to download ā€˜://carbon-deps.s3.amazonaws/HBAO/f9087cb9877834890f057155fafbc424478f8de1ā€™: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. (WebException)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Firewalls like disabled. 's what it says if you go through the specified link in error.

<?xml version=ā€œ1.0ā€ encoding=ā€œISO-8859-1ā€?>
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</[COLOR=#990000]Code>[/COLOR]
<Message>Access Denied</[COLOR=#990000]Message>[/COLOR]
<RequestId>E418F3BFA67D07F0</[COLOR=#990000]RequestId>[/COLOR]
<HostId>jzIK5P00YfM+NiGsbDoTl5Pg6/SBEEaQRFCKllnRdlhmTk70Tfu+Zfa2ZjIXZ0WI/Zi/adwuIME=</[COLOR=#990000]HostId>[/COLOR] </[COLOR=#990000]Error>[/COLOR]

@MiroYar oh, thatā€™s explains how those dependencies worked then :smiley: I was kinda wondering about it but I seemed to have a local cache so it never failed for me. I just pushed a fix, should work now (you can also manually apply the changes from https://github//UnrealEngiā€¦fd7626b178cd0f if downloaded as a zip)

Thank you!

I havenā€™t used VXGI 2.0 in a while, has anybody been able to improve the performance with tweaks? I really need some real time GI for my game, VXGI 2.0 looks sweet but the performance impact is just too much.

anybody update hairworks 4.20 ???

I have been testing VXGI thoroughly and it seems that I was able to squeeze much more performance out of VXGI 1 in the 4.18 branch(30%+ more). The major downside is no VXAO in tandem with diffuse tracing like possible in 2.0. Diffuse tracing in VXGI 1 is also still backwards compatible with non- series Nvidia cards though.
It seems that VXGI 2 is hard-coded in reducing quality settings to anything usable in-game minus a 1070 or higher.

Hi,

I search the answer already but the last ā€œPC only for nowā€ was two years ago. So Iā€™m asking question again: His Flex supported on Xbox/PS4?

Thanks

@mrblimack, GameWorks techs in these UE4 branches are usually Win32 and Win64 only, Nvidia hasnā€™t shipped libraries for other platforms even if their tech would support them. Only exception I know is that Blast also has Linux binaries for the those libs. But for example FleX is definitely windows only, you can check https://developer.nvidia/gameworks for further information on the actual libraries limitations (most are still limited to PC space).

@ Thank you for the answer!

Anyone know about the state of the Ray Tracing GameWorks integration?

https://developer.nvidia/gameworks-ray-tracing

Itā€™s invite-only, ā€œearly accessā€ right nowā€¦ just curious if will be available for all developers to use when consumer RTX cards ship in September.

For WaveWorks, does anyone have a advice for me on how to increase the view distance while under water. I appreciate any help you guys are able to provide.

Thank you.

EDIT: Took some time, but if you edit the base values of the Power Expressions in the ā€œOceanUnderWaterScatterPPā€ Blueprint you can reduce the faid. You need to do for both Distance Fog and Fade Distance.

Later year or begining of next year, there will integration in engine. Main branch.

Alright, well I fixed my old, but now I have ā€œcanā€™t find definition for moduleā€. It gives the same error when running generateprojectfiles.bat stating
"Warning: Exception while generating include data for UE4Editor: Could not find definition for module ā€˜OnlineSubsystemā€™ (referenced via defualt plugins -> OnlineSubsystem.uplugin)

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3075 The command ā€œā€¦..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuildā€ exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run command. UE4 D:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44
Error Could not find definition for module ā€˜OnlineSubsystemā€™ (referenced via default plugins -> OnlineSubsystem.uplugin) UE4 D:\Unreal Projects\UnrealEngine-VXGI2-4.19\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UnrealBuildTool 1