NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

is anyone having trouble with 4.17 vxgi (im using . build)
basically it (kinda) works on already made project, for example the cornell box worked for me when i opened it (multibounce off, the emittance voxels view was looking proper) then i re-opened the project and the emmitance voxel view is just like looking at it in lit mode, the opacity voxel mode does work it looks proper but there was just no vxgi lighting at all. then i set the multibounce to 1 and it magically worked (even tho that the first time i opened the project it worked without multibounce 1), setting mb back to 0 also makes the voxel view empty again. then i tried another project that i made in 4.17 and just merged the assets from my 4.15 project, the voxel view was just half empty and some of the emmisive materials were voxelized, but again when in lit mode they just did nothing (vxgi light was not produced). i am sure that my post process volume is in the level and that vxgi is enabled.

my friend tried the same and got the same results, can someone else try and report back aswell?

steps to reproduce:

1. make a new 4.17 project
  2. make an EMPTY level
  3. make a default material with just a color in it, make another material thats strongly emmisive
  4. place a plane and put the color mat on it, then add a cube and put the emmisive mat on it
  5. place the PPV in the level and enable vxgi
  6. check your voxel views

the steps explained above SHOULD and DO work in 4.15 vxgi but in 4.17 they just dont

Hello, when we have FleX in UE 4.18.X ?

Iā€™m rather impressed by Call of Duty ambient Occlusion GTAO compared to HBAO+, and especially the lower performance cost it has? What do you think?
Check the hand holding the weapon in comparative video below:

v=HK1K2V4jczs

I am getting compilation errors when trying to compile the 4.17.1 Flex branch on windows with visual studio 2017.

I have followed the steps correctly, and I get 15 errors after compilation. I have tried compiling multiple times and I have tried running visual studio with admin rights.

Please let me know how to solve .

If you can find the Gen2017.bat in your files, try to use it instead of Generateproject.bat. Maybe it will work? (just a thought) 2017-11-06 12_24_17-4.17GW.png

Please, guys, give me the latest version of ue4 with flex inside! Help! I spend on 4 days and nothing happened - only bugs and errors!!! :mad:

Started playing around with Unreal Engine 4.18

is a build with Nvidia Flow and Nvidia Blast on UE 4.18:

Thanks ,
I get error when built for Win64ā€¦ Not sure why a Mac\ folder is involved.

Error C2039 ā€˜MergeShaderCacheFilesā€™: is not a member of ā€˜FShaderCacheā€™
E:\UE\UE_4.18_GameWorks\Engine\Source\Programs\Mac\ShaderCacheTool\Private\ShaderCacheTool.cpp

Probably my fault somehow but canā€™t tinker with it just nowā€¦ Any ideas?

Thanks for all your hard work.

*Edit: Am using VS2015.

, !!
You are great !!
Thanks for your work !!

Waveworks for 4.18 is released !!

I found answer in the 4.18 migraiton channel, other people had the same than yours:

I assume you tried to build the entire solution instead of the engine ā€˜UE4ā€™ project itself? :stuck_out_tongue:

All you need is guy:
UE4Project.jpg

Then you can go into programs and build Lightmass to be able to build baked GI.

If you have the build with VXGI you need to rebuild "ShaderCompileWorkerā€™ in the programs list

Thanks , that clears things up. Now up and running with no problems so far.
Have you any idea why VRWorks lags behind all the other Nvidia stuff for integration in Unreal?
Cheers!

ā€œIf you can find the Gen2017.bat in your files, try to use it instead of Generateproject.bat. Maybe it will work? (just a thought)ā€

There is no Gen2017.bat file anywhere in the project foldersā€¦

hi i need to know how to have all those branches into one engine,bit confused as i m new to ithis,I have now 2 engine one with flow and other with waveworks .how can i have a project use both the features or plugins.please anyone explain or advice ,thanks

is there any tutorials on how to use wavework in any project

I have a working flex setup now and it works pretty well for interactive fluid simulations but I have one big question.

Can you mix fluids? (aka change particle properties based on particle to particle collisions)

Like if I have a red fluid and a blue fluid can I make it so when a particle of each touches each other they become purple?

Hey guys Iā€™m having hard times getting Flow to work in 4.18 version.
.nvidia/gameworks/content/artisttools/Flow/FLOWUe4_Emitters.html

Everything is alright till I reach step 3. I canā€™t find Flow under ā€˜Collisionā€™ parameters. :\

For anyone that only wants HairWorks in 4.18 version of unreal: https://github/mariospapa90/UE4-HW-4.18.git

Make sure you have either 2015 sp3 version of visual studio or 2017 with 2015sp3 extension to compile successfully.

Any word on a 4.18 VXGI branch?

Are there any tutorials out on how to properly Install and USE NVidia Flow in UE4? It just seems like a very closed subject and I really canā€™t find so much if anything about itā€¦

any info on 4.18 vxgi + gameworks integration branch?