NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

@: Is Emissive lighting supported?

You mean emissive materials? Yes, there is a console variable “r.VXGI.EmissiveMaterialsEnable”. Have a look on the third page of the UE4_VXGI_Overview.PDF doc in the root directory.

Hello everyone just covering my basis .
i just orderd a “GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5”

And just want to make sure, is the preferd GPU to be working with stuff correct?

Sure, for VXGI that should work nicely. :slight_smile:

is great :), and the other GameWorks stuff as well then i assume?
Thanks for lightning fast reply as well!

Yes, you’ll find that FleX, WaveWorks, and the other GameWorks GPU techs will have plenty of room on a 980. Then again, any processor can be overwhelmed if you throw enough data at it. I’ve been running a 680, recently upgrading to 980.

@: I dont know if its just me but (atleast) for me VXGI is very unstable. Editor crashes saying display driver crashed and i cant simulate or play. I always get the below error when i try to do that.

And as you said I enabled r.VXGI.EmissiveMaterialsEnable 1 but still there is no area lighting. There is no emissive settings in Post Process Volume. Is that intentional or bug?

GPU: GTX 980 (347.25)

Happens the same to me. I just gave up on it; too much other things to do anyway

is great and a bit funny i am also upgrading from a GTX 680 :slight_smile:

Well thanks for confirming .
Have a nice day and weekend!

The original post stated “ShaderCompilerWorker” but the correct name is ShaderCompileWorker

Yes, I figured it out, thanks, it compiled now!

I was going to ask same question. I found it an compiled it. Thanks !

In their museum demo: https://developer.nvidia/gi-works, there showed realtime indirect specular and realtime AO! I don’t know, maybe the UE4 integration is not finished yet just like Flex.

BTW, how to see the interaction voxels in the Cornell Box sample just like in the second video

Edit: From pic:

You can enable AO mode from console command.

BTW, in BaseEngine.ini, bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=false , what does it do and what happens if you turn it to true?

Ok, I found BaseEngine.ini in Engine\Config ( I opened it with notepad ++ because notepad gives messy results) but where to put the console commands (sorry I never used them before)? Thanks !

There is 347.52 driver (the latest).

Hopefully Nvidia will include a more impressive demo than the Cornell Box in the future, I need something that will impress the Wife.

Lol! Well, said in a previous post that he has more impressive demos but github can’t bear heavy files.

In Editor, press the Tilde key and type those console variables. For example: type **r.VXGI.EmissiveMaterialsEnable 1 **and press enter to enable VXGI. NOTE: 1 is enable and *0 *is disable.

Or

You can open Output Log and type the same above thing.

Tilde key didn’t work for me I don’t know why (maybe because I have an AZERTY keyboard). Outpot Log did work though. Thanks!

• I typed r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable 1 in the console now but I could not find “Have « **Used With VXGI **» check box set on all surface materials”

• When I typed r.VXGIDebugMode 2 or 3 or 0 to see the interaction voxels like in your Nvidia video, I didn’t get anything.

• I found the Material Parameters where you told me, but I couldn’t find Cone Tracing Parameters.

I hope you answer me about that. We need a detailed guide/wiki about . Thanks !

Tilde key only works if viewport is in focus. ie: If you clicked anywhere else (eg: Content Browser, Details panel etc) then it wont work.

Are you sure you dont have Used with Vxgi Voxelization option in your material?

That’s because none of your materials are being used with VXGI.

Pardon me but which Cone Tracing parameter?

You can find cone tracing parameters in the “Post Process Volume” put in the scene.

Thanks,

Crashes after build every time:

MachineId:
UserName:

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second  not available)

Fatal error: [File:C:\Users\\Documents\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 54] 
Ran out of memory allocating 58731628704 bytes with alignment 0

KERNELBASE + 37901 bytes
UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() + 285 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
UE4Editor_Core!FMsg::Logf__VA() + 463 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:526]
UE4Editor_Core!FMallocTBB::OutOfMemory() + 93 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\hal\malloctbb.h:46]
UE4Editor_Core!FMallocTBB::Realloc() + 191 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\malloctbb.cpp:99]
UE4Editor_Core!FHeapAllocator::ForAnyElementType::ResizeAllocation() + 37 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\containerallocationpolicies.h:348]
UE4Editor_Engine!TSparseArray<TSetElement<TPair<FString,FShaderParameterMap::FParameterAllocation> >,TSparseArrayAllocator<FDefaultAllocator,FDefaultBitArrayAllocator> >::Empty() + 134 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\sparsearray.h:224]
UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 179 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\sparsearray.h:400]
UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 21 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\set.h:624]
UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 181 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\array.h:1165]
UE4Editor_Engine!operator<<() + 108 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\public\shadercore.h:544]
UE4Editor_Engine!DoReadTaskResults() + 747 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:124]
UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::ReadAvailableResults() + 562 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:893]
UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::CompilingLoop() + 369 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:1019]
UE4Editor_Engine!FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::Run() + 112 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:504]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() + 86 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() + 93 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unrealenginesource\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
 + 88557 bytes
ntdll + 181569 bytes

's what I did, cloned Release, then checkout VXGI
Then run the Setup batch, it asks if I want to replace the couple Nvidia files, I hit No
After that, I run the build project files
Start up the project in Visual Studio
I set it to Development_Editor x64
Build UE4
but it doesn’t work when I try to run the editor
It works without VXGI checked out though.