NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Yeah I found out that the buoyancy is still there, however there is no physics simulation so it can’t be used in a game.

How to enable buoyancy?

Just add the FloatingSphere component to your actor Blueprint. enables buoyancy, but it’s really nothing more than a simple animation.

Thanks!Buoyancy is enough, and no splash interaction is a flaw.

Just Cause 3 also seems to be WaveWorks, why can there be splash and bubble interaction?

JC3 devs wrote their own bouyancy system for their boat mechanics… the dev talks about it in high detail ://www.gamasutra/view/news/237528/Water_interaction_model_for_boats_in_video_games.php

I have understood what you said! It is not buoyancy, it only simple adjust actor’ parameter value of location.

Anyone tried the 4.16 version of Flow that appeared on github recently? I will be trying it tonight, big thanks to those at nvidia who got 4.16 version released in a timely fashion.

Incredible news ! jumping on it

Nice to see that they got the 4.16 Flow out so quick. I hope that they can put out the VXGI branch soon. :slight_smile:

It would have the same issues that in 4.15 Really, if you want the full VXGI experience, it’s the 4.14.3 build

Nvflow in plugin format is really wonderful.

is a 4.16 build with all Gameworks i made 2 months ago while Epic was staging the first release candidate.
It’s full and rather stable, editor is working but it also fails on packaging. From memory there’s VXGI, Flow, Flex, Volum light in it… Every Gameworks except Hairworks as they were 2 months ago.
VXGI works as well as in 4.15 for instance (still the VFX).
But of course, as it was 2 months ago, it’s a rather old 4.16 build and Nvidia GameWorks were also updated., but the tricky part with the new Graphic pipeline is done… :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m not sure the gitignore is setup properly so there might be some libraries to grab left and right to be able to compile if they were not properly uploaded to github.

If someone really wants to port gameworks to ‘modern’ 4.16, you can check out i guess.
link updated
https://github/MaximeDup/UnrealEngine/tree/4.16-Old-GameWorks

Pushed fix for that morning.

! Thanks , can’t wait to add flow to my project!

Thanks. We have the 4.14.3 build running a version of our game. It looks great. I am hoping that the 4.16 version from Nvidia will fix the problems in 4.15. :slight_smile:

I’ve updated the Flow plugin to the latest version, but it’s still on top of a pre-release 4.16 build. I’m compiling right now to check if there isn’t any with the github commit:
It’s as hacky as it can gets (a couple warnings during compile) but allows to play with 4.16 features and most of nvidia Gameworks, VXGI included:

https://github/MaximeDup/UnrealEngine/tree/4.16-Old-GameWorks

edit: finished updating Flow on 4.16 build. VXGI, Flow, Flex should already work properly.
I might slowly update build to current 4.16.2 but is a rather big task.
**edit-edit: **Updated Substance plugin and fixed the missing libs, should now work out of the box.

why are all of the merged build links to github broken on thread?
404, everyone of them.

@

Hi , I just compiled the https://github/MaximeDup/UnrealEngine/tree/4.16-Old-GameWorks without problems. The question is when I open it it the splash screen says it is version 4.15.3
Is normal? Thanks!

Hello, i’m afraid you grabbed the 4.15.3 branch, check on the left, if you downloaded by .zip it also should be the name of the .zip of course.
The 4.16 branch will actually show 4.17 on splashscreen. I grabbed the source for build exactly when they isolated their 4.16 work to prepare it for release.

Also please note that you can’t package with 4.16 branch as it is right now.

I actually stopped playing with build in the middle of adding Hairworks to it, it would appears that it’s one of the preventing proper packaging. I need to remove HairWorks from build to check and see.
Would be cool to be able to package with GameWork on 4.16, would “only” need to update to current 4.16 to get it over with.

On the bright side, I can settle for not using Hairworks as I won’t be using in production. I pray gets things going packaging wise so I can send betas to my testers.

hi,
anybody tried waveworks with 4.16 volumetric fog ?