NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Hello,

I’m currently using Flow for my fire/smoke effect and I’m looking to achieve a wind effect where the fluid simulates the push of an object. It does the pull effect if you have an object that goes through it though.
Like in video
watch?v=ZwoJ-upjeKo
you can see the one with the waver pushing the smoke back.

The way I was thinking was to add a blueprint to and send collision meshes out that disappear after a while but is very inconvenient. Does anybody have another solution?

It is possible to create velocity only emitters. particular configuration creates a wind effect when combined with a large sphere or box overlapping with a fire emitter.

The key to velocity only is to set the Smoke/Temperature/Fuel Masks to 0.0. For wind, it is recommended to set Allocation Scale to 0.0, since the wind effect is only visible where the fire emitter is active. Note, the couple rate is set low in case to create a drag effect, which allows the general drift without stomping on the fire emitter.

same system can be applied to a fan, by having a smaller emitter region that varies the velocity in the blueprint based on the fan movement.

is not currently supported, but may be added in the future. There is added complexity that will harm total performance if not done properly, and consistency of behavior cannot be fully preserved as resolution drops, simply because there is less information.

Regarding the VXGI particle problems,

I did a quick test with my current build which is 4.15.1 with the latest changes from the NVidia branches of Volumetric Lighting and VXGI, and can confirm that particles set to Translucent, Masked or Additive will just vanish when enabling VXGI. I couldn’t reproduce the scattering / jumping around the screen effect, the particles just vanish.

Any news on subject?

Hi, I have a request to the Gameworks team, I have animated a animal using the Flex soft body rig system shown : https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?98727-Animated-NVIDIA-Flex-soft-body-rig thanks to the instruction by @DivideByZero. Unfortunately, the model is also furred using Hariworks but, after reading earlier posts in thread it seems Hairworks is directly rigged to the bone and it is why morph targets/blenshapes do not work with Hairworks and Flex is essentially creating realtime procedural morphs. As such, could you create a Hairworks system that can take into account a meshes’ deformation? Having the Flex’s motion cause Hairworks to react would simply be a incredible sight. Finally, I am using UE4.14.3 with VXGI+Flex+Hairworks thanks to @… Anyhow, thank you very much to the Gameworks team for the work at bringing gaming visuals to the next level!

Thank you, I didnt know you could create a velocity only emitter. I’ll try in my current setup.

Hi, where i can find WaveWorks asset in editor?

Flow test.

watch?v=j_hfnpi_Q-c

@ Nvidia peeps:

I would very much like to be able to use VXGI and VXAO at the same time. I know it must be possible as I remember that AHR, which is the same thing basically, managed to do . Just putting that in as a request.

When I download waveworks branch and build Ue4 in vs2015, such errors occured. Can someone tell me what happend and how to fix it, thank you anyway!
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS1061 ‘ProjectImportExportInfo’ does not contain a definition for ‘ManifestName’ and no extension method ‘ManifestName’ accepting a first argument of type ‘ProjectImportExportInfo’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) AutomationScripts.Automation C:\download\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\Localisation.Automation.cs 384 Active

Error CS0118 ‘ProjectInfo’ is a variable but is used like a type AutomationScripts.Automation C:\download\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\Localisation.Automation.cs 319 Active

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘ProjectStepInfo’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) AutomationScripts.Automation C:\download\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\Localisation.Automation.cs 322 Active

These links only work when you have set your github account up with Epic in order to get UE4 source code.

https://www.unrealengine/ue4-on-github

VXGI comes with several options for Ambient Occlusion. They are all present in the Post Process Volume’s settings tab.
Or is VXAO something different?

VXAO is different. You have to choose either VXGI or VXAO, currently you can only use one at a time.

The All in One Gameworks and other things, I’m working and moving to an UE 4 promoted repo. it to helping my getting the things updated more frequently and I will work hard tho make promoted repo binary compatible with EPIC binarys releases. to we can use the marketplace plugins and assets with .

For UE 4 releases fixes I need to research the releases with the promoted repo.

It will be amazing if NVIDIA GameWorks Team, can update Waveworks cudart libs to CUDA 8.0, with updated we can compile both UE with Waveworks and FleX for CUDA, with no runtimes troubles whatsoever.

I will love test and integrate the Turbulence with UE 4, but the NVIDIAGameWorks/-3.4 repo binary Turbulence and GPU accelerated libs are compiled as static lib, and with’s not compatible to use with UE 4. If NVIDIA GameWorks Team can share with US one binary with the APEX modules and accelerated GPU libs compiled as dynamic lib. I will freaking-out adding to the repo, to test-out GPU accelerated and APEX modules.
Made some NVIDIAGameworks repo projects modification to compile for dynamic lib. chek-out . If some-one wants to play a little with , but not working for GPU accelerated and Turbulence GPU APEX modules.

Some things I have seen in the code will adding VRWorks, some VXGI and SSAO, VXAO, VolumetricLighting as HairWorks, it will not work properly in VR, without adding VRWorks support in UE 4 code for affected integrations.

I will make an eye in VRFunHouse, to see the changes for HairWorks for VR and VXGI, but it will be some of the last things I will do or if I really going to do-it.

No promises to release-it Month.

I’m new to both UE4 and NVIDIA GameWorks and I would like to ask if Turbulence is still maintained? If yes, when we could expect an update of Turbulence branch to 4.15? If no, is it true that Flow is successor of Turbulence and I should move to it?

It seems that I misread the settings, they are Named Ambient and not Ambient Occlusion.
After reading on https://developer.nvidia/vxao-voxel-ambient-occlusion I did a quick test. And yes, if you enable r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode the diffuse lighting part
of VXGI disappears. However I was still able to get an AO effect, but I am not sure where it comes from.

Edit: In both images, r.AmbientOcclusionMode is set to 0

In image you can see the pitch black areas. I removed the skylight to make it visible. VXGI Ambient Setting is deactivated.

In the next image the Ambient Setting is activated with color set to white. You can see that in the corner it shows the typical occlusion effect of AO.
NOTE that both HBAO+ as well as UE4’s SSAO are turned off/set to 0.

Where does come from?

I might have a stupid question but… how do you cast shadow on the volumetric smoke ? Or is it only self shadowing?
The more i think of it, the more i think i’m gonna struggle making flow work in my game. Wanted to use it for smoke grenades, flamethrowers, smoke from characters and once a couple guns have fired.
But it all needs to be inside flow grids, i assume i could place a couple grid on my level but i might end up with quite a lot and grid intersection will probably mean visual glitches.

If you’ve any suggestion for a team based multiplayer game, i’m listening.

xJ6Q3JDm.jpg

I made small downloadable scene using some Nvidia volumetric light and a couple flow emitters straight from flame demo for a ship engine, in which you can notice NvFlow conflicting with the sea.

watch?v=kysYLNKtCa4

Hi guys, thanks to @GeneralD helpful instructions, I’ve managed to merge VXGI+Flex+Hairworks in 4.15, however in my next step of merging Volumetric Lighting, when compiling I’ve got the “Couldn’t find module rules file for module ‘VXGI’.” from “ShaderCompileWorker D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1”. I’ve checked and all conflicts are resolved. Could anyone shred some light of what I’m missing please? Thank you!

@Sieumeo,
Hi !
I’m sorry i canno’t help you with your problem. I was just wondering if you planed to release your build on github ?
I’m actually waiting for VItorEAFeliciano release wich looks very promising but in the meantime it would be great to have your version. Actually i’m using a 4.14.3 VXGI+hairworks.
If you agree to share, can you please put a link on the forum ?
Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards

Sure I’ve pushed my fork to https://github/sieumeo/UnrealEngine. Currently I have VXGI/Hairworks/Flex/Flow working. I’m working to have Volumetric Lighting integrated as well. Hope it helps.