NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Hello! is 4.14 coming? i mean i still rocking on my 4.12. In 4.14 there’s just too much fancy stuff. I can’t wait to get my hands on it xD

Hello! just a new artist trying to get VXGI for UE4… I just wanted to ask about the link NVIDIA provided for UE4 VXGI integrations… are the link been put down? because when i try to access them on github it says page not found. Am I missing something? Im new to github as well, I’d appreciate any help because i really need to them… Thanks!

Hi, I hope to use Hairworks for 4.14. If i build hairworks 4.13 to 4.14, is it working without problem? please, i need help desperately.

/issues/213

Hi, does anybody know if the Flex smoke simulation is still in development? I haven’t seen or heard much about it since the early days.

My assumption is that Nvidia Flow got priority as a smoke solution, although it has a somewhat different set of strengths and weaknesses to a FleX-based approach.

I would like to see a version of Flow for UE 4.14 but from an outsiders perspective it seems like the task of keeping all NVidia stuff in sync with latest UE4 is proving a challenge for them. Last time I checked the only version of UE Nvidia stuff that had Flow is the version that was the basis for the VR Funhouse stuff, which is built from UE 4.11.

dead link :slight_smile:

I know that HBAO+ from shadowworks has been implemented, but has HFTS? If not, what difficulties would I be likely to have in just trying to edit the UE4 code using Visual Studio to implement it, i.e. are there usually problems/complications when implementing a gameworks thing?

What is the current state for GameWorks for UnrealEngine? Also, can anyone take the effort to create a step-by-step guide how to setup UnrealEngine for GameWorks? Im interesed in using FlameWorks. What I also want to know is that can you use GameWorks with UnrealEngine as a toolset or is it all codebased from Visual Studio? Hope someone can clear up :slight_smile: I do have a veryfied Nvidia developer account, so thats not a problem.

The integrations don’t follow a simple template or tutorial, each one is different. I’ve done a WaveWorks, HBAO+, and a partial volumetric lighting integration and each one is completely different from the other.

HBAO+ is definitely the easiest of the bunch, that said there have been improvements made to the HBAO+ implementation (it’s at v3 now – I think the VXGI and HBAO+ branches both still use v2) and it took me a solid day to integrate the updated API and functionality into my UE4 fork despite already having most of it already integrated.

Thanks for your quick reply. I whish they make a installer like Simul did with their TrueSky.

Why are all git links relating to UE4 and Flex broken?

Is there any eta on when flex integration will be updated, it is currently 4.12.4 (not even the latest 4.12 version)?

I’d sure like to see an update on Flex as well

I just finished integrating HairWorks in UE4.14. It seems to work, but as said in the link above, “there can be some problems with temporal AA in special cases”.

In case anyone wants to try it, 's the link: https://github/daancover/UnrealEngine

Please let me know if anyone find any issues.

Remember you have to be subscribed to Epic Games’ GitHub to gain access to the source code.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

You need to be logged in a GutHub account that is subscribed to Epic Games’ GitHub to have access to those links.

another question: If i wanted to make custom object for flex softbodies( e.g a waterballon or something). Would Blender be ok, or would i need to do like every other Nvidia project and use 3ds /Maya?

Hi.

Can you make a video for explanation “how to start HairWorks integration with UE4.14” ? Where to start, which application is needed (like TortoiseGit, Gitkraken, SourceTree, VS2015 etc) ? These baby steps are very helpful for other people. Thanks.

The only program you’ll need are VS2015 and Unreal 4. You can get away without using GITHub by downloading the zip file from the branch located in 's signature.

Unfortunately didn’t integrate HairWorks with UE4.14 yet (I didn’t find it in his GitHub :frowning: ), that’s why I did it myself. If anyone wants to try it, it’s : https://github/daancover/UnrealEngine
Download the zip file. The instructions to install are in the “Getting up and running” session in the README.md