NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Is there a possibility that no one would integrate VXGI with 4.11 ? :eek:

said he is working on it, but it will take some time.

Maybe by the time 4.12 is around the corner? :confused:

Is there any way to access the GI pass for post processing in the material editor?

If anyone else is having issues with the substance plugin and flex, there is now an update to the flex branch that fixes , se pull request

I found a solutions to the ikinema problem thanks to xulture in thread. In the IKinema plugins folder go to Binaries\Win64 and open UE4Editor.modules and check that the build number is the same as in UE4Editor.modules from your “path to your engine folder”\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.modules

Good luck

Does anyone know why I can’t import .apx files into UE4? I get an import error and I want to use hairworks for my game does UE4 not support .apx I thought it did?

Are you using the NVIDIA branch? UE4 by default will not import HairWorks APX, you have to use the NVIDIA HairWorks build (or my merged branch).

I’m quite new to hairworks so no I don’t have it but when I click your link I get a 404 error page not found. If you could help guide me in the right direction to getting hairworks working for UE4 I’d appreciate it greatly because I’d really love for the game I’m working on to have the .

You need to have a github account and it needs to be linked to your Unreal account for my link or the NVIDIA link to work. Refer to : https://www.unrealengine/ue4-on-github

will give you the source which you will have to build yourself, there is no pre-integrated version available. Also note that you will be bound to the engine version that the integration is available for, so 4.9.2 if you use my branch or 4.10 if you use NVIDIA’s. My branch has a couple extra features.

I am in the process of updating to 4.11 but thats going to be a while longer.

Ok, I did all of that but when I click on the setup.bat I get an error "Failed to download '://cdn.unrealengine/dependencies/264179-79a5af44194 ect… The Specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. <PathTooLongException> Do you know how to fix ?

Move the engine to somewhere else not as deep, ie. H:\UnrealEngine is where I have mine.

is more of a github question. So, I have installed Galaxymans previous Gameworks versions and I have installed Nvidias previous versions from Github following everyone’s help on , Thanks everyone for that!

Does Nvidia have a Unreal Hairworks 4.11 only version on Github? I have a hard time with understanding exactly where branches are at, the status, and version level on Github, I see that Multires and Turbulence state 4.11 branches. Any help appreciated!

Ok, I moved the folder location and it got past that part however now when I click “GenerateProjectFiles” I get an error " program requires either Visual Studio 2013 or 2012. Please check that you have Visual Studio installed. Do I need Visual Studio or did I do something wrong?

Yeah it can be a bit tricky to follow. Looks like HairWorks got an update 5 days ago, but appears to still be 4.10 only. Hopefully when they upgrade to 4.11 they will append the UE4 version to the branch name like they have for the others.

Yes you need Visual Studio 2013 or 2015 to be able to compile the source code. The community edition is free and is all you need.

I installed visual studio 2015 community edition and it gives me the same error as before.

Some people have had the same, I think you need re-run Setup.bat. Or reboot your machine, or something. Not entirely sure what the solution is, as I haven’t personally ran into . But it has to do with installing VS after UE4.

Can you check if you have VS140COMNTOOLS environment variable is set?

&stc=1

When I go to my Environment Variables I do see VS140COMNTOOLS is the value for it - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\

I have a little problem with VXGI and emissive lights. I have an Object, that only lights up, once the player is closer and turn off again, once the player is further away. The VXGI Light however, stays always the same ( power), while the emissive material changes as intended. I tried 2 methods for the emissive to do that effect (one in material, one in Blueprint) but neither seem to make the VXGI light act accordingly. On other dynamic moving Objects, the emissive is just fine (as it always the same power).
Maybe someone has a solution for , or faced the same problem?

Did you try the IsVXGIVoxelization node in your material?