Download

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

I was reported to NVIDIA(VisualFX-Licensing@nvidia.com).

from NVIDIA
Absolutely, this is a bug.
It happens when user visit a HairWorks via Outliner.
Now it is fixed.
Please use the attached build.
https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload#?dn=nvidia-hairworks-1-1-1
NVIDIA_HairWorks_For_Autodesk_Maya_2016_64bit_1.1.11209.11002.msi

Ah right, i was referring to the spline multiplier. Also I think I have been using the older plugin from the start, so i didnt experience that issue.

BTW, Nvidia just posted some new handy videos for HairWorks. Check them out

Does anyone know if its possible to pause the hair simulation in unreal? I noticed the hair simulates even when play mode is off.

I’m using the Unreal 4.7.5 branch.

Heya! I’ve been making some serious strides on my character using Hairworks, However, I have run into an issue that makes it completely impossible to use hairworks in my project for now.

To very simply explain it, in the material editor in UE4, there is a material function (standard included) called SplineThicken. this extrudes, and screen faces a very thin polystrip for use of hair, thin wire, lasers and other thin geometry.

Assuming that this is a similar, if not identical technique used to render the hairstrands in a hairworks file, it clashes, or something. causes a crash anyway if it’s on the same screen. Considering the character is part of a scene where there are alot of these more static splines rendered out, it becomes impossible to use hairworks, which was the original point.

It occurs both in Nvidia’s 4.7.5 branch and Galaxyman’s 4.9.2 branch (the latter beeing used due to the multi-light support)

Crash report:

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: !bSrcStencilWrite || bDstStencilWrite [File:D:\Applications\Epic\Epic Games\Nvidia 4.9.2\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Commands

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::ValidateExclusiveDepthStencilAccess() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:678]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHISetDepthStencilState() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:688]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucencyDrawingPolicyFactory::DrawMesh() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private	ranslucentrendering.cpp:474]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucentPrimSet::RenderPrimitive() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private	ranslucentrendering.cpp:727]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucentPrimSet::DrawPrimitives() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private	ranslucentrendering.cpp:705]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::DrawAllTranslucencyPasses() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private	ranslucentrendering.cpp:1107]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderTranslucency() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private	ranslucentrendering.cpp:1216]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:1402]
UE4Editor_Renderer!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:1585]
UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`23'::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async	askgraphinterfaces.h:779]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async	askgraph.cpp:539]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async	askgraph.cpp:340]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:310]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:411]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\applications\epic\epic games
vidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]

Is the melting feature allready doable in the unreal branch (galaxymans or official nvidia),i mean turning a mesh into a bunch of the flex fluid particles which hold form for a short period and then melt?

Hi. We can’t reproduce it in 4.7.5 branch. Are you using the old integration? We have released a new one.

Hi All,

I have been taking some time away from UE4 development, and will be not available for development the remainder of this month, and possibly January. I will still try my best to get around to answering questions when I can.

I ran into some issues with getting my branch up to 4.10. Primarily Turbulence and FLEX did not want to instantiate. Havent had a chance to return to it yet to see what I could do to fix it.

Yeah thats definately a bug, looks to be that the Spline Thicken function requires some specific depth/stencil access that maybe is conflicting with what the hair rendering requires. I’ll take a look if I get a chance.

EDIT: Didnt see Xu Nie’s response above. Please follow their instructions to help get the issue resolved, and then I will port over their fix to my branch.

The closest you would get to this, is the same way its done in the FLEX demos, construct your mesh out of FLEX particles, including rendering them as particles, then controlling the variables on the container at a specific time to cause them to collapse (melt).

Am i the only one that have pb with speedtree and VXGI. They seem to glow instead of acting like ‘‘normal mesh’’. (even if i give them normal shadder)

I did a full clean re-download and rebuild of the engine from scratch, I was obviously using the wrong version. clearly things are now much better. Huzzah.

Ok i got the melting feature working,ill demonstrate it on a snowman here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcni2TOisk&feature=youtu.be , its very basic yet,but allready shows flex surface particles used with a shape emitter,however i was too lazy to make a blueprint to showcase it replacing the static mesh so i just placed the emitter on the right side of a static snowman,every important value is shown in the video,ill start finetuning the liquid effect now,since it still looks a bit “blobby”,if u now any good radius,smothness and so on values for the surface fluid particles let me know :slight_smile:

That’s Cool. :slight_smile:

That’s cool. :slight_smile:

That is very impressive, are you also using SSS shaders for the skin, etc? Any more details you can share regarding the character? That looks like AAA-quality characters that aren’t too “creepy”.

Thanks a lot! Yeah I did use the SSS Profiles for the skin and eyes. It’s a mermaid character I did for a client a while ago.

abbey-miranda-highresscreenshot00005.jpgabbey-miranda-highresscreenshot00006.jpg

Hi everybody.

I made a small demo of VXGI and FLEX together which you can download (https://mega.nz/#!aspGHTKQ!WA4_NodsrpDz5ZuuHwyDNrmzz3rwJn2xUmqYp4ujwhI) if you want. Its running on my geforce 660Ti.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F9nNLJ5OtY8

Info about controls and some stuff in video description or in readme file in demo folder.

Have a nice day everyone.

Guys, how to fix this problem??? How to attach hair to mesh?6ab3ac19608552e78ec23ff4ae78aded106e07ab.jpeg

How to attach hair to mesh?

In the components tab, drag and drop the Hair component on top of your BigfootRig

I’m sure this has been asked a million times but is there any update on HairWorks for the PS4?

Wow. Runs reasonably well even on my Nvidia 950M 2GB DDR3.

Nice!