NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Hey ,

as far as I can see it’s free to use.

is a quote from NVidia:

Thanks Schnitzel.

Hey guys.

So i let download overnight and when i came back i got message

Apparently the path was too long (C:\Users\username\Downloads\UnrealEngine-VXGI-4.10) and it was 99% done…:frowning: do i have to download the whole thing again…

thanks

No, Just move the UnrealEngine-VXGI-4.10 folder u have already got to C:\ then re-run setup.bat, choose ‘N’ and it will only download what you are missing.

great, thanks again. Now after finished i get a message that said “Register Unreal Engine file types”…, do i have to click yes or no?.., considering as i said before that i`m going to use in another pc with no internet…

If it is the primary version of the engine you will be using then hit yes, as will register uproject files to open the editor. If you have no intention of using the engine at all on that computer, you can hit no.

I downloaded and installed before the UE4 4.10 in computer just to be able to take it to another PC, and the same is with VXGI 4.10 version, so i will hit no.

Thanks

speaking of having UE4.10 VXGI version in the other PC where i have the normal UE4.10, will there be any conflict in having both versions in the same PC?..

Does Nvidia VXGI run on AMD gpus?

’ page says “Not limited to ‘’ GPU’s (!)”. Though, sentence can mean that is isn’t limited to anything before , but still is locked to Nvidia.

Hey

So after i download the VXGI 4.10 dependencies (or something like that) i copíed the UnrealEngine-VXGI-4.10 folder (about 10 GB) to other
computer with NO internet connection.

Then in that computer i connect internet for a couple of hours to download and install visual studio community 2015.

Then, with out internet connection, i hit the “GeneratePrijectFiles.bat” file and i receive message.

It does run on AMD GPUs, I’ve used it with my HD 7850.

In case you still haven’t solved .
There is a node called “VXGIVoxelization”, which is set to 1 during the voxelization pass and to 0 during regular rendering. You can use it to boost your Emissive component. But that won’t be physically correct.

Sorry to quote my self, but i have been looking for a solution for and i haven`t found it jet. I already register the visual studio product and window keep showing out every time i hit the “GeneratePrijectFiles.bat”

One thing that i should point out is that when i download the dependencies after i run the setup.bat from /tree/VXGI-4.10 i did not have visual studio installed. Then i copied the 10GB folder to other computer, install there the visual studio and then run “GeneratePrijectFiles.bat”

Any help is appreciate. Thanks:)

Try to redo-it properly (Install UE4 / VS; download git zip; setup; generate; build UE4; build shader) on one computer and only then copy the built folder to another machine.

Thanks, i will try that.

-I already have UE4.10 installed, would it matter if i download other edition with the nvidia gameworks like 4.9.2 or i have to download a version for the UE that i have installed?

-Is ok if i just hit the “Download ZIP” that is at the top right of the github page and run the setup from that unzipped file or do i have to install that github application do a fork, clone or something like that?

BTW, the UE4.10 that i have is just a folder copied from another pc, so the “Epic Games Launcher” is not there…

Thanks

You’re ok with just the zip as it is updated quite rarely and you won’t modify the code I suppose.
You don’t even have to install ue4 before, I just mentioned it to make sure you have all the dependencies but setup.bat will install them anyway.

So: install VS, download & extract zip, run setup, run generate, build ue4, build shader, run editor. just as described in the github page.

thanks, but sadly i get the same result:(… I let the PC doing the job overnight and when i came back it was turned off because windows made some updates. I check the UE4 vxgi folder and it seemed to have download all the dependencies, i run the setup again and it did not report issues and went directly to install prerequisites, then it ask me if i want to register UE4 etc… and i hit yes, then i run the generate file and the error window shows again…

I will try some other day when i have some time to do the whole thing again… with my slow internet connection it took pretty much a whole day to download the visual studio and the ue4 vxgi files…

EDIT: Apparently other users has had the same problem and similar as i have, is one of some that i found, but i try some of the things and still no solution. Some people advice to uninstall VS and re-install it but that will take way to much time…, maybe later…

So, after installing the visual c++ of visual studio 2015 enterprise and using the VXGI 4.10 branch instead of the 4.9.2 i was able to generate the UE4.sln file, the problem is now that i can not open it with VS 2015.

is what i get

and if i right click the file and chose open with Visual Studio 2015 i get a bunch of “incompatible” files. Like

Any help is appreciate it.

That’s because VS 2015 is for 4.11 only AFAIK. Try VS 2013

Thanks .
OK, I think i`m almost done finally:D…, but i was in a hurry and before i went out i wanted to leave UE4 in the build process, the UI of VS was compact and i did not realize that before i build UE4 the “solution configuration” was in “Development” and not in “Development Editor” as the instruction says… Should i choose rebuild with the “Development Editor” or is good like that?

Thanks