NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Thanks for the link, the update sounds promising. I’ll try upgrading soon.

Hi there,

is it possible to get an Overlap or Hit event when a FleX particle enters/collides with an area? I cannot get these events, are there any flags I am forgetting to set?

Thanks, Andrei

is there a tutorial or walk though on Game works Integration yet?
The only documentation we can find is the artist workflow.

I don’t think it’s possible to get hit events with particles. FleX docs

I’ve only tried the FleX part of Game works. I found that the samples, nvidia docs and UE4 doc (UnrealEngine-FleX/FlexProject/Documentation/index.html) covered the main topics.

Is Nvidia Gameworks (Flex, VXGI, FireWorks) going to be available as a plugin outside a private Github?

I recall Hairworks for UE4 does not work with temporal AA. Is that fixed now? that is a show stopper for us and a lot of as temporal AA is a must.

No, at least not in the near future.

Updated VXGI-4.10 branch on NvPhysX github:

• Now you can change VXGI material parameters on material instances.
  • Ambient occlusion mode is applied correctly (before that it was just showing the AO channel). By default, it’s mixed into the SSAO channel - controlled by the PPV / VXGI Ambient / Mix Intensity slider. Or you can use it in a post-processing material from the VxgiDiffuse channel.
  • GPU features supported in mode.
  • New Readme file containing a FAQ section.
  • A lot of bug fixes.

/tree/VXGI-4.10

Can you only run with Nvidia card? I have AMD and Nvidia in the same system, and the Flex things don’t work. Do I have to remove/disable the AMD card in order for UE4 Flex to function properly?

Can you elaborate how you went about achieving that?

Yes. It’s fixed now. Enjoy it. :slight_smile:

hi
what is MultiRes-4.10 branch ?

Does anyone know how I could go about integrating just waveworks with the latest release of UE4? I had trouble figuring out what the specific changes were in NvPhysx/UnrealEngine’s waveworks branch, although it seemed to only be 13 commits so it must be rather small changes to the engine.

Hi,

I noticed a strange thing happening with VXGI when using tessellation on a material, it emits more light.
an example with a very simple white material :
Without Tessellation
spherenotess.png

With Tessellation (PNTriangles Adaptative with 2 multiplier, I believe the light increases with the multiplier)
spheretess.png

://blogs.nvidia/blog/2015/11/09/gameworks-vr-unreal-engine-4-ue4/

Scroll down a little :slight_smile:

what exactly do you need to know?
The cube is just a flex object with attach to rigged checked and the ball is a static mash overlapping the cube on the edge so it attaches. The ball has a animation to showcase flex it is not interacting with animations. When you press simulate you can move it, though.

Can anyone point me to where I can understand how to add commits to my UE4 engine source?

I just formatted windows 10, and restarted fresh. it is the only way, otherwise you waste too much time. on an ssd system, windows <10 minute clean install.

Has anyone done a manual merge of Waveworks and Flex into a custom branch of UE4? I’m having trouble pinning down the specific commits for both branches I would need to merge it into UE4 4.11+ myself.

4.10.2? Sweet :slight_smile:

I remember someone saying that making the jump from 4.9 to 4.10 was causing lots of trouble, now that it’s in does that mean that getting to 4.11 will be easier? (once it’s stable of course).

Cos hairworks with the new hair/skin/cloth shader, that’s gotta look pretty good doesn’t it?