NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

How would i get the log file? I’m relatively new to whole thing XP

Hi.

I tried your GameJam game and it works for me. About 10fps on my gtx660ti, not much (almost not at all) difference in speed between vxgi quality settings.

Now about turbulence. First of all, thanks for you time and work on it. It works but i have the same problem i had with turbulence-4.7.6 branch. I tried to solve it . /issues/34

Any ideas what can be wrong?

Saved\Logs directory of the packaged game. Also just as a note to one of ur above comments. 32-bit builds are not supported by my branch and most likely never will be (not unless I can get 32-bit binaries for all GameWorks techs).

I have seen your on the NVIDIA Github issues page, and infact had made a note to myself to take a look and see if I experience the same. So I do plan to take a look.

I checked both of the folders for each game, and i do not have a ‘Saved’ folder for either package. Each package just has the ‘Content’ folder, which has the .pak for each game in a subfolder

Thats odd, means it crashed before it could log anything. Can you please zip up one of these packaged projects and send it to me? I want to see if I can run it, and also see if there is anything missing from it.

https://www.dropbox/s/ru99hhmirc8e3n2/projects.zip?dl=0
you go g-man

Okay just pushed a change to my branch, Apparently I had forgotten to include a packaging fix that was in my build. That is to copy the WaveWorks DLL to the output directory, which is what your packaged project was missing and why it was crashing immediately.

I am looking for Waveworks and Turbulence tutorials (how to use these things in UE4 and console commands ).

You probably won’t find too much information about them at time, since they haven’t been available to the public prior to the UE4 integration. Also the WaveWorks integration was (from what I can figure) just started, so not all the implementation was done. I am nearly done with the QuadTree infinite plane WaveWorks implementation now, so once that becomes available, it will allow you to just drop in an endless ocean, and create a material to suit.

Just need to fix the state getting destroyed after rendering the WaveWorks object, Edge tessellation, VertexFactory input layout, and then its ready to be released. I will also say, breaks all original WaveWorks functionality, so it can no longer be applied to arbitrary objects. I will eventually provide a plane based object for smaller bodies of water.

I started a new build of the Unreal Engine 4.91 with the hope to get a working packaging function. First I compiled the “Development Editor” Win64 and after the “Development” Win64. time I do not compile the ShaderCompileWorker. But then I get the following error:

error2.JPG

The engine crashed after message. For reason I built the ShaderCompileWorker. But I get the following error in Visual Studio:

I will give up to solve problem. Its really frustrating.

I have someone running through the build process now and I am also doing the same on a fresh PC. To see if there are in fact any other issues to building/packaging.

@: Your second error can be rectified, by switching to the “Development Editor” configuration before building ShaderCompilerWorker - You can’t compile that particular program in a Game configuration, it has to be one of the Editor configurations

@: Thank you very much for your help. I did everything I could do to find the reason for the package problem. I would be very thankful if you could identify what is responsible for . Building the ShaderCompileWorker works when I am switching back to the “Development Editor”. :slight_smile:

Okay so I have built my branch from scratch on a new machine, and then packaged a test project, and launched it with no issues. So my branch is absolutely fine now. So please follow the instructions very carefully. If you are still unable to package, then all I can say is there must be something local to your machine (or you didn’t follow the instructions) preventing you from being able to package.

Thank you for taking your time for . As you said there must be an in some of my configurations. I guess I have to reinstall my operating sytem to solve .

Do I have to deinstall all other Unreal Engine 4 versions from my system when I am using the Gameworks version? Perhaps could be the problem…

No, I have about 8 different versions on my machine at the moment, Nor do I think you have to reinstall your OS. Just remove the GameWorks branch, get the latest zip from my branch and follow the instructions carefully. The latest instructions are now in the Readme file of the 4.9.1_NVIDIA_Techs branch

Ok, I will do .

Okay, WaveWorks Quadtree generator code has now been uploaded. is still very much a Work in Progress, it can still be a little crash happy when trying to set it up, but after that it runs quite fine. Could still be optimized some more. There are a few caveats to using it:

• Does not work with Static Lighting, causes discoloration and other artifacts, so make sure to turn off precomputed lighting in the World Settings, and run a Light Build at least once.

• Shadows casted onto the water surface look very abnormal in the editor, but appear fine in game.

• Only works with opaque materials at the moment, dont even know what will happen with a translucent material.

• Only flat tessellation, trying to use PN Triangles will result in incorrect behavior

• Only supported on SM5 at the moment.

• Packaging only works if SM4 (D3D10) is disabled in Project Settings. (Under Platforms/Windows - untick DirectX 10 (SM4))

Take a look at the sample project provided on how to set it up, but basically you:

1. Create a new WaveWorks asset and configure

2. Create a new material, use the WaveWorks node to set the Normals and Displacement (Only Flat Tessellation is supported - But it does not really use flat tessellation either, it has its own tessellation and crack fixing code). Dont feed anything in Tessellation Multiplier, it has its own calculation for that.

3. Create a new Blueprint Actor and add a WaveWorksComponent, then assign the material from above, should then create the quad tree. <– is where it can crash. If it does, just restart and try again.

4. Drop the actor into the scene, doesn’t matter where, it is infinite in all directions, to adjust the height, adjust the Sea Level variable in the WaveWorksComponent.

watch?v=BRkt_-FpRUA

holy **** galaxy it looks , i have a question is there a way to cast HBAO+ to hairworks too?
://www2.pic-upload.de/img/28631310/Unbenannt.jpg … looks like it doesnt work :frowning: if you find something usefull please tell me

I’ll add it to my list to take a look, it may need custom handling as the hair is rendered differently to other objects.