NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

6d5a5a853b593b5f3d46f22f40aa638c43■■■054.jpeg

Refer to the screenshot. Build the green one first, followed by the red one.

Thank you. The screenshot is a great help.

The ShaderCompileWorker must always be recompiled, right?

Doesn’t hurt to do so, but really it should only need to be recompiled the first time (To change the internal version from 1 to 1000)

@: I compiled everything again as you described. After I use the package option for two of my VXGI projects. The build process was successfull. But the problem is the same. The .exe files are not working. I click on it and nothing happens. Normally everything should now work without any problems…What can be responsible for ?

Anyone know how to use Turbulence ? Tried messing about with it but can’t get it to do anything. Do you need APEX particles ?

I would need to see the project you are trying to package, to be able to help further. Is it possible for you to send it to me?

Yes I can send you the project. But my test project is nothing special. I use the standard environment with the 2 chairs and the table. The only thing I did was to activate VXGI and HBAO+. Then I start the Packaging. I tried also to launch the project in the Editor. do not work, too. I get error:

I have sent you a private message with the link to the full log file.

Hey may I suggest put the link in your signature as well. Cheers and keep up the great work.

Can you do me a favour, and see if you can run my GameJam game. is packaged with my branch of the engine in development mode, just want to see if it will actually run for you. I know that project works, as Allar played my game on his twitch stream.

Link:

I thought about doing that, but I though it looked a bit needy, may rethink it.

At “low” Global Illumination settings, runs at a silky smooth 180 fps. At “medium” it went straight to 18 fps, and I didn’t even attempt “high” or “epic”.

Tested with: GTX 780 3gb, i7-5930k @4.4 GHz, 32gb ram.

Well Low is actually turned off - Didnt have time to change the menu and call it off. It was not optimized for VXGI in the end, so I defaulted it to off. Would have loved to get it actually properly working, but yeah time ran out.

Hi,

Is there any guide on how to build the branch ?

Tried vs 2013 / 2015, fails with various reasons.

Nvidia branches and official unreal works with pressing one button but sadly is not the case :slight_smile:

Try following guide: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?53735-NVIDIA-GameWorks-Integration&p=397881&viewfull=1#post397881

If it still fails, then please show the error messages, not much can be done without knowing what the is.

@
So I’ve been following behind what you said to , but i ran into some errors:

Also as a note, What i was doing when the errors started to occur, was trying to put waveworks in, but the project was literally what you start with when you start the project without the starter content, if that gives you any help in identifying anything.

Im not sure whats going on, but something is wrong with your configuration, none of those errors should be occurring at all. Try not building the entire solution, just build UE4

Well, so now it build, but it instantly shows me the “Unreal Engine has stopped working” with as the additional info:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: UE4Game.exe
Application Version: 4.9.1.0
Application Timestamp: 5622e317
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.19018
Fault Module Timestamp: 560a0094
Exception Code: c06d007e
Exception Offset: 000000000000b3dd
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ceec
Additional Information 2: ceec07376268079425697e9f1dc9a0c8
Additional Information 3: 4439
Additional Information 4: 4439e61f5362026f0e548ba66c728870

Also, did some more testing:
32bit pkg will fail, with a binary error
64bit pkg will complete, but will instantly crash on boot.
Does the same thing for the base project and the wavewoks project

Please send me the log files of execution, the above error means nothing to me. And also try download and launch my GameJam game, link is in an earlier post. was packaged using the exact same engine, and is known to work.

Just going to drop , been working on WaveWorks QuadTree integration, so infinite water planes.

Coming soon.