NPC Spawner creating junk actor blueprints at origin of map at Game Start.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

AI

Summary

NPC spawners using npc definitions with Actors using imported skeletons using ‘Retarget From Fortnite Character’ modifier are spawning Actor in the world outliner of the editor when starting the game during a session. The actors are spawning in the world origin regardless if the spawner has been activated. The editor will ask me to save the newly created actors. this does not occur with fortnite character cosmetic modifiers only the Custom Characters.

Steps to Reproduce

retarget a skeleton. create custom npc definition using custom character cosmetic modifier. start the session. The actor used as Character Blueprint will spawn at world origin in the editor.

Expected Result

I dont expect new actor to spawn in the editor when game is started by npc spawner.

Observed Result

The actor used as Character Blueprint will spawn at world origin in the editor. It is creating the Actor in the editor after updating a Session. It is not an in game issue.

Platform(s)

windows UEFN v31.00

hi @Morrango ,

Looks like you bug is similar to
[STABILITY] NPC behaviour has changed/broken for existing maps

My npc are behaving normally. they are spawning UNSAVED actors in the Editor after i start a session to test.

We are also having this bug, I have actors added every time Verse is run. Good news is they are going to 0,0,0 so it’s a minor annoyance, but I cannot run a memory calculation without these unnecessary actors spawning. Was not an issue before the v31.00.

The status of FORT-789461 incident has been moved from ‘In Testing’ to ‘Ready for QA’. Resolution Reason: ‘Fixed’

I have the same issue

I am still getting this issue in 31.20

The fix for this is coming in a future update.