November #UE4JAM, November 12-15th. THEME: DESPERATE DISEASES REQUIRE DANGEROUS REMEDIES

I have no slightest idea what theme means(not native english). Guess it is a good excuse not to join this jam. I have to work on our team marketplace content anyway :rolleyes:. And there is Fallout 4 as well. Good luck. Have fun. Can’t wait to see go mad with more platformers and stacking games :smiley:

It is a quote from Hippocrates, later used by Guy Fawkes. You can google and no doubt get in your own language.

It’s an idiom. It means: the bigger the problem, the more extreme and crazy the solution can/should be. It’s actually a pretty broad theme. Personally, I’m thinking something really abstract, with plenty of fireworks and explosions to commemorate Guy Fawkes day.

Agree the coincidence is to obvious, Guy Fawkes month and V movie 10 year anniversary. Will try and get something going, really want to try this challenge for the first time.

The rules say we can use any third party assets we have written permission to use. To be clear this means we can use all the assets on the Unreal Engine marketplace?

Anyone done yet? :cool:

On a more serious note. When we are (if we finish), what do you all recommend as a place to put your game so others can download it? I have used drop box in the past, but that quickly shuts down due to too many downloads and breaks their bandwidth limits…

Last time the majority of people, including myself, put their games in Google .

Define Done :wink:

So do we make a thread on here to post progress, or do we rely on other social media, and broadcasting?

I would suggest making a thread and then put a post in this thread linking to it.

Ah, thanks.

Definition: Done Game Jame Entry allready - impossible. :wink:

Though I am making more progress than I thought, and am quite pleased.

Thanks guys. I’ll give this another thought now.

I’d done a quick prototype using another engine before posting my initial response :slight_smile:

This is my first Unreal Engine gamejam and I’m still learning Blueprint, so it’ll take me a bit longer as I am learning as I go. :wink:

Good to see.

Make sure to submit here: November #UE4Jam Submission Thread! - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums!

Good luck!

I’ll be working on my RTS game here. Keep in mind that I’m pushing my self to learn this as well, which is why I entered this Game Jam. So on my other screen I will be watching tutorial videos, and monitoring chat to talk to you all!

to anyone who came through to this link, I apologize, I was having technical difficulties. I will be uploading some screen shares later tonight, as I run through this. I might do a google hangout with anyone who is interested, cause I at least know that it works there.

I LOVE UNREAL ENGINE 4!!! Something which works in 3D just worked in 2D with no adjustment required!! BOOYAH!!!

Bump:
This exactly what I want to know…
I assume starter content (starter materials packaged with engine, etc.) are OK to use but what about items purchased on the market place?

Since the rules say ‘with permission’, and buying something off the marketplace in general allows you to use it however you like commercial or not, I would say the purchase grants you permission.

But some clarification from Unreal would be GREAT.

Like, fonts? Free for all use on the internet ok? Free sounds ok?

How has it worked in the past?

Was making great progress until I hit a huge snag that kills my enemy AI. :frowning:

Help?