Not finding any sessions on 5.3.2 when testing online(Using Advanced Sessions Plugin)

There are like 50 other questions like this on the internet and I’ve tried everything under them to fix what’s going on. I

• Packaged a development build
  • Disabled Firewall
  • Placed steamapp_id in the right location(steam overlay opens)
  • Changed download region to same one as other player because I’m using 480
  • Feel like i followed the online steam subsystem setup to a tee, .ini, .dll, everything

I’m pretty sure my session creates successfully too, or else it would print a string to the console saying it failed and not switch the map. However as soon as I try to use the Find Advanced Sessions node, it literally can’t find any server at all online and returns a zero.

I’ve tested it locally by just setting the number of players in the play settings and it worked perfectly fine. Lobby popped up and I could join it. I’ve scoured the web for hours trying every little thing.

The only clue I have and I have no clue if this would even be the cause is that when looking for a server in the logs it goes

LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unable to set search parameter LOBBYSEARCH: Value=true : Equals : -1

This what my find advanced session node looks like…

Please help and tell me why it’s not working, is there something I’ve done wrong here… I’m going to try testing in-engine with standalone tomorrow because I’ve heard that somehow actually works online and not just locally.

The warning you’re seeing is a known issue with the Steam Online Subsystem and not specific to the AdvancedSessionsPlugin. It’s suggested to check the Steamworks SDK settings, ensure the APP ID is correct, and verify that your game is properly configured on Steamworks. aarp-membership

I’m confused though, I’ve been told appid 480 works and people have seen it work: specifically for online multiplayer. That shouldn’t require any setup on steamworks side because it’s just the test appid. What does checking the steamworks sdk settings mean? I didn’t know there was settings for a sdk, where can I find them?