Not Able to Login in RealityCapture using Epic Games Account! (with credits)

Hello everybody,

I am not able to sign-in into Reality Capture using my Epic Games account.

Here is a video showing the problem:

I’ve already asked the Epic Games support team for support on this on March 20th (#25026906) and they referred me to the Unreal Engine Support and closed the request. In the Unreal Engine Support I filled out a bug report without ever hearing back from them.

About 3 weeks ago, I commented on a forum post about my issue (forums unrealengine com/t/cant-buy-credits/909082/3?u=fluadlwirt) and got surprisingly great support from a staff member. I was inactive for a couple of days and tried the solutions about a week ago. Unfortunately the solutions provided didn’t fix my problem and I noticed, that I am now (and probably was earlier) also not able to sign-in on www capturingreality com/My using the Epic Games account - it immediately redirects me to www capturingreality com and I’m not logged in when I try to.

When I found this out I left another comment in the forum but got no reply. (forums unrealengine com/t/cant-buy-credits/909082/5?u=fluadlwirt)

I then filled out a new support request (#25941594) on Epic Games (www epicgames com/help/en-US/contact-us) who told me to clear my cache, which was unfortunately unsuccessful. After explaining this, the support said he could not help me, referred me to support capturingreality com/hc/en-us and closed the request. This link referred me directly back to this forum so I’m guessing the answer must be here??!

I hate to be the annoyed customer but I’m increasingly starting to get frustrated with the service provided (or lack thereof) by the customer support and I’m not able to use my RealityCapture and the credits on my account that I have purchased. I’ve not been able to work with it for roughly 2 months now.

All my other Epic Game services (Launcher, Unreal Engine etc) work perfectly.

Here’s a list of things I’ve tried so far:

• Changed my Ports
  • Added all CapturingReality Sites to Trusted Sites in Browser and Firewall
  • Deactivated VPN
  • Deleted and Reinstalled the Software
  • Cleared my Cache
  • Changed Networks

And I’m still not able to sign-in…
Any help would greatly be appreciated! Cheers.

Hi fluadlwirt,
you can also try other browser, if it is possible to log in there.

Check if Internet Explorer 11 is enabled in Windows features:

Can you try also upgrade your router’s firmware?

One last step is make sure check on SSL3.0/TLS1.1/1.2, because windows update close these settings by default.

Hi, thanks for replying.
I installed a different browser and interestingly I am able to sign into My - Sign in - Capturing Reality using my Epic Games Account in this browser. The RealityCapture activation in the software using my Epic Games Account still doesn’t work even with the new browser being the default and opening the activation screen. The result unfortunately still is the same as shown in the video. I also activated SSL3.0/TLS1.1/1.2 but without any positive outcome. I’m at a loss…

Is that new browser set as default one?

Yes

Hello,

In your case, the activation token may help. Here is what you can do.

1. Go to our site and sign in there.
  2. Go to the section “App activation”
  3. Scroll down to “PPI Activation”
  4. Click on the “Create token” button
  5. Open any text editor
  6. Writes this to the editor:

“C:\Program Files\Capturing Reality\RealityCapture\RealityCapture.exe” -activate 609F4B474B3CDE0140A615F8ABC552123456005E68CF3A2740A5C75EF6

1. Replace the token with the token you created in step 4.
  2. Save the new text file (format: batch file, extension: .bat)
  3. Run the saved batch file (double-clicking would do)

This should activate the PPI mode in RealityCapture with your account without having to sign in.

1 Like

Hmm… I’ve done it exactly like you explained it but it doesn’t work either… The activation window remains like it is and I can’t access the software.

I did however also try the “activate offline” option and was able to activate it. But as soon is a want to export a mesh it requires my login again, which doesn’t work: the same thing happens as shown in the video. It’s as if RealityCapture has absolutely no connection to the outside even though it is able to import images etc in the offline mode.

Is it possible to log from other computer? Also, have you tried the other two advices from my last message? What kind of router are you using? Can you try turn of the firewall for a moment of login?

I’ve installed the software on an old computer and it works! - so I’m guessing it is not a network issue but something on my current computer. That is weird because I’ve used RealityCapture for quite some time already on this computer and with the same network and this issue only arose about 2 months ago.

Yes, I’ve tried your advices and have temporarily deactivated the firewall.
I’m connected to an Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Starlink router but I’ve also tried two other networks which weren’t successful. My old computer is currently also connected to the Starlink router and is able to login to RealityCapture using the Epic Games account.

Only working with RealityCapture on my old computer is not really an option because I travel a lot and my current computer is optimized for my projects and needs.

Ok, I went back through all of your suggested solutions. I found an additional setting, back in the trusted site settings (Internet Properties → security → Trusted sites), which defines the security level of a “trusted site”. Apparently this was set to Medium-High, which when set to low made it possible for me to login to RealityCapture on my current Computer.

With that, the problem is solved. Thank you very much for your support!

I had a similar issue and this worked for me. Just had to close RC and open it again.
Thank you

I have exact the same issue.
i click on the EPIC login and then it opens the browser and suscefully loggs in and the app also confrims it first, and then goes back to the login on the app.
I can log in to the webpage no iussue one any browser.
I reinstalled my PC and since then I can not log in anymore.

All the tips above do not solve anything unfortunate.
I can not open any old project, I can only create new ones, and I can not use my credits at all.

Cai_ZhiYuan, is this happening in various browsers? Have you tried also activation token solution?
Can you also check this: additional setting, back in the trusted site settings (Internet Properties → security → Trusted sites), which defines the security level of a “trusted site”. and set it to Low?

My solution was:
I was logged in anonymus in Relaity Capture and when then I try to log in, that death loop described happens.
I logged out of reality capture, and then it just worked loggin into it with my Epic account!