normal map problem

i try to give material to my basic object. Normal map doesnt work. How can i fix it please ?
it looks good in blender but bad in the unreal
Thank you :slight_smile:

in blender

312488-image-201851.jpg

in unreal

normal map

did you check that your UV were imported properly ? it ssems pretty different in UE.
you can try to amplify your normal to see better :

hi, thank you for answer… Im new in unreal and i dont know how can i check the UV. How can i do that ? Probably very easy but i cant do that :frowning:

Thank you for your answer. Im new in unreal .i dont know how can i check my uv where import. I have played with texture coordinates and i cant fix the normal map. it s always very ugly. I serach on the internet but i cant find how can i fix it. Do you know any link or tutorial can help me ? Thanks a lot

Thank you for your answer. Im new in unreal. I dont know how can i chechk Uv where import. Im seraching on the internet i cant find help…Do you know any link or tutorial about this. Thank you

open your static mesh in unreal (double click) and check this :

then compare to your modeling software and use the proper channel in your material

i can manage the object s uvmap in blender easily… But unreal doesnt allow that. I cant do anything. Just it shows me this cages and thats it . How can i play with this ? I cant found any tutorial :frowning:

this is my blender uv

this is in unreal. But i cant do anything with it

FBX Static Mesh Pipeline

FBX Import Options Reference

Working with UV Channels

Normal Map Creation Guide

Texture Editor UI

yes, i use Fbx format. I will try export again with another settings

thank you for links. I have played with Generate UV settings but i couldnt fix the problem. I will try export my model again with different settings. Maybe i did something wrong when i took it in unreal

well you can t edit UV in unreal, this is a task you do in a modeling software, i think you may be missing a option in the export settings,are you using fbx format?

There’s other stuff in the material editor, and texture editor, too…that is for working with normals (imported and in-engine created content). One option to use is in Project Settings > Rendering > GBuffer Format, select “High Precision Normals”. Then open the mesh in the mesh editor in UE, expand Build Settings, and enable “Use High Precision Tangent Basis” and “Use Full Precision Tangent Basis”. Those are specifically for enhancing / fixing normals and getting better quality reflections. I don’t know 100% that it’d work for the leaf’s case, but it’s worth a try.

i worked many things about it just this is the result :frowning:

finally it fixed… my mistake. i did something wrong ; just i ve imported the mesh in unreal (seperate than my normal) . after i imported the normal in . it doesnt work when i try to apply the normal texture in the unreal.

this works; i applied normal in modellig software. i saved them all together and i ve exported. Unreal doesnt see normal map when i import them all together. i have imported the normal image again and applied.

Thank you so much for helps. They are precious :slight_smile:

open the mesh in the mesh editor by double-clicking it in the content browser, or by right-clicking it (after selecting it in the viewport) and clicking “Edit”

Click UV tab at upper right, select a channel to view the UVs for that channel…the lightmap UVs are usually in Channel 1, but could be in Channel 0 or 2

finally it fixed… my mistake. i did something wrong ; just i ve imported the mesh in unreal (seperate than my normal) . after i imported the normal in . it doesnt work when i try to apply the normal texture in the unreal.

this works; i applied normal in modellig software. i saved them all together and i ve exported. Unreal doesnt see normal map when i import them all together. i have imported the normal image again and applied.

Thank you so much for helps. They are precious :slight_smile: