NOOB needs a little help with player POV set up

Hey,

I am building a board style game where there are 4 players all of which have their own POV, and player controller. Now what seems so simple, is totally eluding me. And I need some help figuring this one out. Seriously you’ll prob laugh but…

I have tried SO many things to get the designated POV for the first player in order to test whether or not things are in working order.

(Not going to mention the hours Googling and YouTubing, trying to fix this. Learned some pretty cool things, but got no where with my player perspectives)

I try to test the game in the viewport, but I either have the default camera view (even when unchecked in the advanced settings), or now, after some tinkering, the dead centre of the board… ground 0.

I have no way to manipulate the view, or test my game, as everything is ON the board not IN it.

I have tried placing a camera actor into the world (placing it where I want it) and assigning it via the player controller with set view target with blend, as well as in a player camera manager for each player. But notta.

Would really, really appreciate some suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

18 days, no reply, I’m feeling your pain:

How many player starts do you have in your map and are they at the positions for where you want each players’ controller to start?

Or maybe just set empty scene actors at the locations and aligned as you desire for them and spawn the players there, one-by-one, setting the spawn locations/rotations to match the empty scene actors location/rotation?

Maybe at BeginPlay(), set that controller’s/pawn’s actor to the location/rotation at that time?

Most likely, you will have to keep experimenting until you get what you are looking for.

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have to admit I waited all of three hours and said, THWI, cloned the project and deleted everything to with a camera, and reset my viewport camera, which I seemingly couldn’t do otherwise. And started setting things up again. Including player starts.

[quote=“devlyn811, post:2, topic:263157”]
Maybe at BeginPlay(), set that controller’s/pawn’s actor to the location/rotation at that time?
[/quote]. Seems reasonable, setting player location/rotation right off the bat. I will try this first.

[quote=“devlyn811, post:2, topic:263157”]
Or maybe just set empty scene actors at the locations and aligned as you desire for them and spawn the players there, one-by-one, setting the spawn locations/rotations to match the empty scene actors location/rotation?
[/quote]. This I will definitely look into if Plan A doesn’t succeed. Might work better.

Thank you so much for all these tips! I really appreciate it.

Resilience is a coders best asset. :wink:

Happy Holidays!! And thank you again.

Resilience - it sure is!

Same to you!

1 Like