No version information and can't log in

HI I have read quite a few post on here with other people having the same problem and I followed the instructions but unfortunately I still can’t get working. I really need some help.

Hey

Have you gone through all of the troubleshooting steps at: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

If so, could you please provide us with your computer specifications by running ‘dxdiag’ on your computer, that would be really helpful. You can do this by going to the start menu, search for ‘dxdiag’ and run the dxdiag.exe and simply save that file. Also, could you please follow these steps to obtain the debugging so we can assist you further?

**None of the Above Helped - Getting Debug **
If none of the above helps you, please make a post on the UE4 AnswerHub. Be sure to let us know what operating system you are using. There is also a special log file that we require in order to troubleshoot the issue. To access this log, please open the Launcher and do the following:

In the top-right of the Launcher, click the Gear icon.
Select ‘Enable dubug logging’ and then choose ‘Enable Now’. If you issue occurs at launch or sign in, Select ‘Enable debug logging’ and then choose ‘Restart’
Reproduce the issue your experiencing while the debug logging is on.
After Reproducing your issue go back to the Gear icon and select ‘show launcher log’
The Debugging will be the most recent backup file in the list.
Place this log in a Zip file and attach it to your AnswerHub report.
Back in the Launcher, select the Settings icon again and select ‘Disable debug logging’ or close your launcher.

Thank you!

Hi , thank you for getting back to me. I have went through the troubleshooting from the wiki.unrealengine link but nothing. Here is the specs from my computer and the login debug.[link text][1][link text][2]

34085-animerick-dxdiag.txt (35.2 KB)
[2]: 34086-epicgameslauncher.zip (8.05 KB)

Hey

Thank you for providing me with the . Could you please right click on the Epic Games Launcher that’s on your desktop, select ‘properties’ and under the ‘Shortcut’ tab, you’ll want to then add: “-http=wininet” without the quotes at the end of the Target field in the Epic Games Launcher Properties.

If you have trouble adding that information into the target line, please review this thread: Error! No version information received - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hopefully this resolves your issue. If it doesn’t please reply back to this thread and I’ll assist you further.

Thanks!

Hi , I tried that already but it didn’t work. Here is a picture of it.

I’m having the exact same issue and have tried everything on the forms and nothing has worked :frowning:

I hear yah, it’s quit frustrating. I hope I can get this problem fix soon. I can’t wait to open it and dive head first :D.

Hi

I’ve been looking over your issue and I’m wondering if it’s possible for to try something here. I see you’re trying to install on the P:/ and I wonder if you could try and install it to your C:\ instead and see if you’re still getting the same issue.

Is that something you can try?

• B.

Yes I can definitely try that, hopefully it works. I will let you know if it does.

Hi Maximusdb3,
I installed it on to the C but it still says no version found and I can’t log on either.

sorry for the delay in response, I’ve been looking through you best I can and it seems to me to be an issue with wininet though the wininet command does not seem to fix it. I’ve added this issue to our database for the developers to look at. I or a dev will respond back to this issue when we have new information.

• B.

So this looks like it could be a DNS issue. Can you try opening this: https://account-public-service-prod03.ol.epicgames.com/account/api/version and tell me what you see.

I’m also sorry I took awhile to respond back, but here is what I see.
{
“app” : “account”,
“moduleName” : “Epic-Account-PublicService”,
“branch” : “Release”,
“buildDate” : “2015-03-20T03:29:52.519Z”,
“serverDate” : “2015-03-26T00:53:16.793Z”,
“build” : “81”,
“cln” : “2485640”,
“overridePropertiesVersion” : “$Revision: #75 $”,
“version” : “1.18”
}

Oh and thank you for getting back to me.

Have you tried configuring to use [ DNS][1] or [OpenDNS][2]?

https://developers…com/speed/public-dns/
[2]: https://www.opendns.com/

Hi

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestions that Maximusdb3 posted above and let us know if the issue persists.

Cheers,

TJ

Hi TJ, sorry I haven’t had the to reply back to the last message. I just haven’t had the to try out what Maximusdb3 told me to do. It will take me a couple of days to try and see if it works because my internet at my house is down now. So I’m at work using the internet to send this message. Once I try out what Maximusdb3 was talking about I’ll let you guys know if it got it fixed or not. Hopefully the problem will get fixed with this step.

It’s not a problem, whenever you have time.

Just an FYI. Once I post this comment the post will show as resolved again but don’t worry, when you post back it will open again and notify me.

Thanks,

TJ

Hello, I’m back after such a long time. And I need some serious help please!!! So I try using the DNS and I even made sure my anti virus isn’t blocking it but it still don’t work. I need help, I think I’m starting to loose my mind. :frowning:

Hi

So the initial show the system is not getting back any response from the launcher service when we try to self-patch. this is the first step we do in the launcher.

Can you check the response when you paste this into a web browser:
https://launcher-public-service-prod06.ol.epicgames.com/launcher/api/version

are you running with any VPN software?
are you able to try to run the launcher form a different computer?
Are you able to try form a different location such as work or school?

Hello , when I pass the web address in the address bar this is what comes up:

{
“app” : “launcher”,
“moduleName” : “Epic-Launcher-PublicService”,
“branch” : “Release”,
“buildDate” : “2015-04-22T16:42:51.582Z”,
“serverDate” : “2015-07-18T05:01:18.228Z”,
“build” : “26”,
“cln” : “2521271”,
“overridePropertiesVersion” : “unknown”,
“version” : “2.3.1”
}

I’m not sure what a VPN software is but I don’t think I am running any. Also, I’m not able to run unreal on a different computer. That’s why I’m desperately in need of help. Thank you for your help.
Clive