No more Oculus Rift support for Mac in 4.8??

I do hope I’m missing something, but I’m afraid Oculus SDK 0.6 in UE 4.8 means there’s no more support for Oculus Rift development on mac, since this version is windows only :-/
Indeed, I’m experiencing a completely black display when running the applications fullscreen in the DK2. Could anyone from Epic confirm this? Any solution to keep on using the previous SDK?

Hi devel.bmad,

Do you get the same blackscreen when running without fullscreen? This may be a known issue. Please check if it occurs when using -fullscreen command and hitting ALT + ENTER when in a windowed game.

Thanks!

No blackscreen without fullscreen or with fullscreen but without the rift, black screen with fullscreen+rift on. Both using -fullscreen on the command line and ALT + ENTER when in a windowed game.

I got a few black screens in android, but this is probably a different issue.

From other forums I got that the preprocessor directives are set to use OVR SDK 0.5 on Mac, and that Mac is still whitelisted for this plugin, so what could be the issue?

Any update?
Same problem discussed here:

Hello devel.bmad,

This is a known issue (UE-17125) and it is not exclusive to Macs, this issue has been written up and reported to the developers for further consideration. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Hi Rudy, any updates on this? I’m using OS X 10.10.4 and DK2 with 0.5.0.1 runtime. Testing with the CouchKnights demo. Tried with UE 4.7.6, 4.8.3 and 4.9.0P4. On 4.7.6, UE4 seemed to recognize the HMD and allow me to start the VR preview. This only resulted in a black screen on the HMD. The newer versions had disabled and grayed out VR preview buttons.

Hello ,

After looking around for an official source from oculus, I was able to find a the following answer from their support team (linked below). It appears that Mac is no longer officially supported by Oculus at this time. I hope this information helps.

Link: https://answers.oculus.com/questions/4620/download-mac-sdk.html

Make it a great day

Thank you for the information. What is the last version of UE4 that supports Oculus Rift DK2 on MacOS?

Also, if UE4 does not support Oculus Rift DK2 on MacOS please update wiki page: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums I literally wasted days trying to figure out that it seems it is simply not supported anymore!!