Niagara System Module- No Effect Type Assigned

Summary

With this new version, I had this pop up on all my Niagara Systems in level. The Effect Type is showing as empty in the selector. It is an easy fix using the fix issue button, but it won’t let me launch a session without fixing all my Systems.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Assets

Steps to Reproduce

The issue exists for in map Niagara Systems

Expected Result

No issue

Observed Result

Easy fix

Platform(s)

Windows

hi @mattacreates ,
This problem occurred in 31.00 (16th August 2024)
A Community developer supplied a picture of how to fix this in the post

Double-check all your Niagara VFXs and ensure the “Effect Type” is set

This is generally intended; all Niagara Systems require an Effect Type to be applied in UEFN to pass validation. In previous releases, there was an issue with the validation system that allowed Niagara Systems to be uploaded without an Effect Type in place, which could lead to content that will now throw errors.

A question remains whether in some cases the Effect Type was set, but then got automatically cleared somehow. If it got cleared by mistake, this is indicative of a bug that we need to address, but we don’t have any indication of that so far.

1 Like

Copy, thanks for all the info @Herr_Edgy and @Jimbohalo10 . I was away from working on my map for a while, but I was actively launching sessions in the 31.00 version for a few days without seeing that. I will let you all know if it reoccurs.