Niagara System Editor doesn't update Emitter settings

The Niagara System editor does not save Emitter settings to the emitter file. Instead it seems to have a separate internal version of the emitter settings. Is this a bug or am I just misunderstanding the setup?

I had the same issue, however if you go into the “auto-compile options menu” and select the “full rebuild” option it will update the emitters in the system.
However this is probably by design, since you might want to use the same base emitter in more than one system. And therefore have internal settings that are unique to that system.

Where is the “auto-compile options menu”? And, is there a way to propagate emitter changes up to the version that is in a system, as well as in the other direction?

1 Like

“is there a way to propagate emitter changes up to the version that is in a system, as well as in the other direction?”

I would love to know this too. Is very easy to make changes to an emitter that’s living in a system and then need to update the source emitted. TBH I find the emitter / system workflow confusing in this regard

Full Rebuild didn’t work for me. Not sure how to get the System to Update from the Emitter.

Where is the Auto-compile options menu? I can’t find it for the life of me.