Niagara System can't Enable/Disable Sub Emitter via blueprint

Im trying to enable/disable a Niagara sub emitter with the Set Emitter Enable function

344692-enablesubemittertest.png

I’m sure that it is called in blueprint but the sub emitter doesn’t get deactivated/activated. The emitter name in the niagara system is the same one called in the BP function.
Am I using the wrong name format? Or is it something else?

I looked at the documentation on the function but it doesn’t help with my issue unfortunately.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I couldn’t get the node to work either. Perhaps it’s to be used for a different kind of emitter (note that the target is FXSystem Component, not Niagara Particle System). Anyhow, here’s a workaround I use:

In your Niagara System, create a variable that you will use to control the system with. I created a float that I will use to change the spawn probability from 1.0 to 0.0. After creating the variable, drag and drop it on the property you want to control it with:

Then add a blueprint node to control your particle system. Connect “Target” to your particle system and under “In Variable Name” put in “User.” and then the name of the variable you created in Niagara.

352841-capture-decran-2021-11-22-200314.png

Hope this helps! Please up-vote and mark as answer if it’s what you’ve been looking for. Cheers!

5 Likes

Bit late but I got here looking to do the same thing. Regarding the SetEmitterEnable not working, likely this is due to it not being implemented on NiagaraSystems (UE 4.27+) all the code is commented out in the Engine source, and if you look in the output log you will see a message to this effect.

2 Likes