Niagara slow motion for film

Hey!

I’m currently making a short film in ue4 and I need to make a slow-motion effect on the smoke that I’m generated with Niagara system.

because my character is already animated in slow-motion, so when I bring the character into unreal is already ‘slow-mo’, but the smoke is moving at a normal speed, is there a way to slow down the smoke and not breaking the shape of it like lowering the velocity or setting a high-value drag.

Thanks!

2 Likes

same issue, anyone found the solution for that?

If you need to slow down ONLY the particle system, you can find everywhere it uses DeltaTime to update areas of the particle system. Things like particle state, and solve forces and velocity both use delta time to perform the calculations for how far a particle has moved that frame.

You can swap out the Engine DeltaTime variable used in the particle system for your own DeltaTime value or a custom user input variable of TimeScalar * Delta time and apply it via a Scratch Dynamic Input or expression.

Hope this helps, there may be a better way, I don’t really mess with particles that often but I checked and that will work :slight_smile: