Niagara Seeded Float Random isn't seeded

Hello all

I’m trying to do something quite simple yet I can’t do it. I’m trying to generate a random value based on a seed, yet as you can see in the picture below, all numbers are different while I’m expecting X an Z to be exactly the same and expect Y an W to do the same. I know I can put one seeded float random node in 2 different pins but that’s not what I want as I’m trying to use the same seed on multiple particles.

I looked a lot online without finding anything, tried out a bunch of options with deterministic, ids, etc. I also created a new system and started from scratch, the issue still occurs.

Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks!

I am guessing here; but it could be that the sequence or the type of random number generation calls changes between runs, causing the output to change. It’s crucial that the sequence of calls (including the types of random values requested) remains the same if you expect consistent results.

In this case to circumvent the problem, use the same node for both X and Z. If you feel like this is a bug, report it and you’ll likely get an answer about the behaviour. https://issues.unrealengine.com/