Niagara Ribbon Renderer issue

Hi,

I’m testing ribbons on Niagara, but I’m having an issue. The thing is that when I use the Niagara Ribbon Renderer on the trail particles, it begins to flicker as soon as the first source particle dies. The lifetime isn’t random, so I have no idea what’s going on here. Any help please?

Here’s a video showing the problem:

Thanks.

its because unreal can only process so many ribbons at a time, try turning the lifetime down or add a kill box

In other test I’m doing, source emitter has 30 particles and ribbon emitter 500. I think that Unreal can handle more than that without problems :S

Hello there!

I came across the same issue, tried to do the particles literary from scratch to eliminate any possible mistakes. And once the first ribbon dies then it starts flickering. This can happen when there are just two trails active. If I shorten the lifetime it helps just a bit, since sometimes the ribbon becomes bright just before it dies.

I hope this wont happen when I will use it only once in projectile itself and that it wont react with more projectiles ejected.

Anyway does anyone know what might be causing this?

If you are using event location for ribbon trial just use 1 spawn and it will follow all your source particles without any jitter.