Niagara particles with audio spectrum animate way to fast when rendered with anti aliasing

when rendering level sequences, niagara particles with audio spectrum have increased animation speed depending on the “Anti Aliasing Temporal Sample Count”. seems like the animation speed is multiplied by this value.

this worked fine in UE 4.27

i can not find the bug submission form any more so if somebody can point me there or may report, thanks ^^

just discovered that it’s the aa that does that, I’m on 5.3 with the same problem, found a solution/ more about this ?

not yet. for now just leave the TAA sample count at 1. the spatial samples can be set to any value. and setting “r.ScreenPercentage” to a value greater than 100 helps. usually 120 or soe already gives a much better result. for me that makes perfect renders without TAA

Yep that s what I did too, rendered with 8 spatial samples and screen percentage at 200, looks great just can’t use this feature with more complex scenes/animations where I would need temporal samples, thx for response

Indeed, that’s the approach I took as well—rendered with 8 spatial samples and a screen percentage of 200. It looks great, but unfortunately, I can’t utilize this feature with more complex scenes or animations where temporal samples are required. Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Warm Regards,
Brock Lenser