Niagara - Particles.SkeletalMesh not loading skeletal mesh data

Hi,
I’m experimenting with the Niagara system and can’t get data from Skeletal Mesh.
I have the following error in the output :

LogNiagara: Warning: Skeletal Mesh Data Interface is trying to use triangle sampling but CPU access or the data is invalid. Interface: NiagaraDataInterfaceSkeletalMesh /Engine/Transient.NiagaraSystem_0:WaterOnBird1.SpawnScript.NiagaraDataInterfaceSkeletalMesh_11
LogNiagara: Error: Could not Get VMExternalFunction 'RandomTriCoord'.. emitter will not run!
LogNiagara: Warning: Skeletal Mesh Data Interface is trying to use triangle sampling but CPU access or the data is invalid. Interface: NiagaraDataInterfaceSkeletalMesh /Engine/Transient.NiagaraSystem_0:WaterOnBird1.SpawnScript.NiagaraDataInterfaceSkeletalMesh_11
LogNiagara: Error: Could not Get VMExternalFunction 'GetSkinnedTriangleDataWS'.. emitter will not run!
LogNiagara: Warning: Error building data interface function table!

also i’ve tried different skeletal meshes none works.

any hints ?

I had same error. And I changed Whole Mesh LOD to 0, it worked.

Looks like if the skeletal mesh has Lods there’s a setting which says allow CPU access. This needs to be enabled for any skeletal mesh you want to use with skeletal mesh data.

1 Like

Had same error. And I’ve checked that “CPU acess”, but error still exist if I didn’t use “Fix Now”.

After read the source code, I thought there were multiple “CPU access” if LODs exist.

You need to active LODx, check the “CPU access”. Then next LOD, check the “CPU access”, until all LOD’s cpu access are checked.