Niagara GPU Particle Collision (Distance Mesh Fields) Not Working

So I recently upgraded a project that I’m working on from 4.25 to 4.26, and then to 5. I have a rain niagara effect that uses GPU particles, a collision module that uses distance fields, and a kill module that uses Particles.hasCollided - the goal being that when rain collides with the ground or buildings then the particles will immediately die.

Whilst this worked perfectly fine in 4.25 and 4.26, it doesn’t seem to be working at all in 5. Has anyone else experienced this, or know of anything that I can try to make it work again? I can include screenshots of whatever if that will help.

I’m having a similar issue where my niagara distance field driven gpu collisions are not working in UE5. I find that they don’t work at all on flat surfaces but seems to collide properly if the static mesh is angled at least 1° about the y axis. Very odd. I haven’t been able to find a fix yet.

Action I’ve taken so far: I’ve turned on “generate distance fields” in the static mesh properties, increased the global distance field and mesh distance field scaling resolution, made sure the generate distance field option was ticked in the project settings, evenly scaled all meshes involved, disabled moveable skybox, enabled and disabled lumen/nanite/virtual shadowmaps.

I checked on the UE documents(网格体距离场 | 虚幻引擎文档),find out that MeshDistanceFields may not working at all.
You can select Show> Visualize>Mesh Distance Fields to view.