Niagara Fluids FX - Transparency/Alpha problem

Hello! I’m having some trouble making a gas/smoke explosion at Niagara Fluids. Everything is great, perfect, just one thing. When the FX starts, I see that the smoke is too thick and I don’t know how to tell Niagara that the FX starts semi-transparent. Not “solid”.
I’ve tried Color, Color Scale, Curve Temperature, etc., but nothing works. I can’t control the “initial alpha”… Transparency.

You need to adjust the emission density to be lower if you want it to have a lower transparency overall. There are several ways to do this. If you are using one of the templates that has source particles, you can adjust the density on them (look at the source particle emitter that feeds into the fluid sim, and adjust density). You can also just adjust the density that feeds into that particle emitter’s “Set Fluid Source Attributes”. If there is no particle source on it, then it means fluid is emitted from a Grid3D Gas Init module based on a specific shape. You can expand the emitter, then go into the Sourcing stage, then Grid3D Gas Init and change “Density” and “Temperature” there.

Hi dmpvfx, thanks for your answer!
Mhhh, i understand you, but when I modify some values like the emission density I get some transparency but after the “explotion” not at the begining, at second 0.001. I’ll try again what you said, maybe I did something wrong the first times, who knows :smiley:

Maybe just play with isolating the smoke and fire separately to test things. Make the temperature emission 0 and density 0 to see what is contributing.