Niagara Fluid not rendering when using Movie Render Queue

Hi, I’m fairly new to UE but have a new Niagara Fluid Fire & Smoke sim using a static mesh. It works perfectly in the viewport but when i render it in movie render queue the sim is not coming through.

is someone able to tell me what i am missing here?

Many thanks
Shane

I’m also running into the exact same issue, wondering if you ever found a solve for this @IdyllicEndeavour1 .

Smoke/colliders look great in my sequencer, however, when it’s time to render (even with warm up frames) - my sim does not activate

Hi,

No i never received any solution to this and still cant understand why :frowning:

Shane

1 Like

Well, if / when we ever find a solution for this, let’s check in with each other!

Hi guys. Ran into the same problem. It seems it has something to do with the scalability settings. The fluid sim does not show, when the “effects” are set to “cinematic” . They should be set to “unreal”. In movie render queue it is set to “cinematic” by default . If you add in movie render queue “game override” option and turn off “cinematic”, the fluid sim is rendering.

alternatively you can use this cvar command: sg.EffectsQuality 2

hope it helped

1 Like

This didn’t work for me

There are a few things you can check:

• If your fire is in a separate level, make sure its streaming method is set to ‘always loaded’ or you activate the level visibility in sequencer.
  • Verifying the scalability settings is a good suggestion. MRQ does indeed swap you to cinematic quality by default. As mentioned above, you can either deactivate that with the game overrides, or you can flip your editor to cinematic quality under Settings->Engine Scalability Settings.
  • I would strongly suggest you use a Niagara Life Cycle Track to activate and sync your simulation to sequencer. Switch its mode to “Desired Age” so you can pause your simulation as you preview in sequencer.

More details can be found here:

1 Like

Here’s a solution that worked for me. MUST USE niagara SIM CACHE.
heres a link it solved my problem