Niagara fine control

Women like little details. Like flowers on the day of the anniversary. XD

Ok, work hard with niagara!!
Cheers!!

1 Like

Thanks for your help!

you’re welcome!!

1 Like

I also have a secret, sort of. LOL Back when I was a young teenager, I submitted some horrible artwork to Epic MEGA Games. Instead of ghosting me, they wrote back! They included all kinds of information on the creation of games, including what percentage each of the team members makes. I was impressed by the programming position, but I had only BASIC experience. So, I started to learn C, then C++. I found a better artist than I, so we’re making this prototype – this proof of concept.

So, this is why I chose Unreal Engine over other engines (I still like Unity a lot, it’s very neat, and Godot looks promising, but they are not by Epic).

Here’s what I’m using for the prototype. If you recognize these enemies, then you were from the 1980s, and you remember Thexder. LOL

Baffin2
Blademill2

And here is an example screenshot from my OpenGL renderer. I would love to be able to replicate the glow effect – it’s not quite the same as bloom, but close.

Now imagine this glow effect on the red parts of the enemies from Thexder.

1 Like

Looks great friend. I like that color combination and design.

Unfortunately today has not been one of my best days… My project went to hell because of the blueprints… Thank goodness I had a backup copy… but I think I lost a week of work… So you better forget what I told you about blueprints… what happened to me today shows that it is better to use C++ even if it means a little more effort or at least you can recover your work easily. If a bluerint is corrupted you are in serious trouble.

Cheers!!

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your troubles. Yes, source control is important. A week though… that’s a lot of time. Reminds me of the arcane OpenGL… 50 correct steps, and only 1 misstep and it all crashes down.

Do you have any screenshots to share?

About my game or about my misfortune?

My game is still in its infancy. it’s my first game.
Well… not at all… I spent some time programming with Unity.

And a few years ago I was also experimenting with OpenGL…

But as Unreal I have not seen anything better…

Unfortunately this happens with blueprints…

All the broken pins…
I’m trying to recover for lost work.
And I still have about 20 more files to review… I’m about to cry.

I hope to find the file that got corrupted…
And then I’m going to write everything in C++…

I am sorry… I have to stop talking… I need to fix this…
Cheers!!.

1 Like

I got it fixed… After 4 or 5 hours searching I found the corrupted file…

When migrating the project, some textures, materials and particle effects were lost… so almost everything looks gray… but at least I saved the programming, which is what matters most to me.

It is the typical FSP (nothing special).

I’m sorry I can’t show you something more spectacular… But it’s a miracle that I can show you something…

Cheers!!

1 Like

Looking great!

How to enable fire/smoke from scratch:

it looks horrible XD… I am giving priority to programming. When everything is well designed I will focus on the aesthetic elements.

1 Like

I’ll take a look at that.

1 Like

Do you know how to go about having multiple emitters per simulation? I’m assuming that it’s possible.

Yes of course. In fact that’s how it works.

For example, you need an emitter for the fire, another for the smoke, and another for the sparks. All in the same simulation.

You need take a couple of tutorials right now.
This is learned with practice.
So if you ask that question it is obvious that you have not worked on any tutorial yet. XD
So forget the theory and go to practice.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Better yet, here are two questions that I’ve asked:

I’ve got my Udemy courses, but I only have time to watch them after everyone’s gone to bed. If you know of any particular free tutorial to watch, then please let me know.

Good luck with your coding adventures!

These two YouTubers are the best I’ve seen so far with Niagara and Materials.

Everything I know has been learned from them.

Especially the second one explains everything in great detail.

The first is a great artist. But sometimes he explains too fast and without going too deep.

In any case, both are highly recommended.

1 Like

I made a blog post at How to create fire/smoke from scratch in Niagara, Unreal Engine 5.1 – Cowcow’s Graphics Tutorials

The next step is to take missile and lightning effects, and use them with a gas emitter. :slight_smile:

it looks great. Congratulations!! Do you have problems with version 5.1?