Niagara Damage Numbers with GAS

I’m looking to use the Niagara system to spawn damage numbers, since its more efficient than UMG, but I’m not managing to make it work with the Gameplay Cue of the GAS.

In my case, I need the particle system to spawn multi-digit numbers or sometimes texts like status effects and in most tutorials that I’ve found, there is some custom logic that needs to be calculated to spawn the digits using Niagara. But I’ve struggled to make it work within Gameplay Cues, because I keep running into errors that relates to running these functions or the changing variables within them.

So I’m stuck on how to make this work, not sure if maybe I’m setting up the function incorrectly and I’ve been stuck on this for a while now, thinking it was straight forward thing to do. Here are the tutorials I tried to follow but couldn’t get to work via Gameplay Cues:

1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAOmDWdP9-Y
2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrLC0kou9k8
3- Optimizing Combat Text: High-Performance Damage Numbers with Niagara and Texture Atlases | Community tutorial

Are there ways to make this work that I’m maybe unfamiliar with? Any insight on the matter would be greatly appreciated!