Newly spawned actors outside of particular area are not lit properly

Hi,

I need some help with a problem I’m facing. Whenever I spawn a cube into my world outside of a particular area, the lighting/colour on the cubes is off.
Here are some images of what is happening - before and after adding a new row of cubes.

I have a camera, a bunch of actors that contain these cube meshes with a custom material, a PostProcessLightVolume, and a LightMassImportanceVolume.

I thought it would be one of the volumes, but changing their size via changing their scale or box size in the XY dimensions doesn’t seem to affect anything.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

It’s pretty hard to tell from this info but… Things to check:

1. Is the PP volume infinite / or is your camera inside it?

2. Things could well look different if the main block of cubes is placed in the level and the others are spawned in. Can you just spawn the lot?

3. What kind of lighting do you have anyway? - I think that’s the most critical thing

4. Are these all the same type of cube?

Thanks for the response.

1. The PP volume is infinite I’ve found out. And I believe my camera must be inside it as a result.

2. I’ve pinpointed the problem down to the location the blocks are spawned - doesn’t matter when they are spawned. New blocks can be created until they reach that line, then they look like that. I am creating a sort of level editor for my puzzle game and want the ability to create and destroy rows in game, so I cannot just spawn the lot.

3. I have one directional light aiming down towards the grid, with very low intensity.

4. These are all the same type of cube.

I have found a workaround. The cubes were sized 275x275x275, so I’ve now made them 50x50x50 and moved the camera closer, and I can thus fit more cubes on the screen before they reach that distance threshold. I am still curious as to why this happens though.

Hmmm, no idea. If it becomes a problem, zip it up in a small project and put it on answerhub. Someone will take a look…