Newly created C++ project opens as blueprint project

Hi!

I’ve been teaching myself C++ lately, and thought it would be useful to learn how to use it with UE4.

My current problem is that I can’t seem to create C++ projects.
When I watch tutorials online, right clicking in the content browser gives the option to create a new C++ class. In my project though, I only get the common blueprint classes like in a blueprint project. I don’t understand why.

When I create the project, I select an empty C++ project with scalable 2D or 3D graphics.

Am I supposed to open the project through the .sln file generated with the project? Is it a setting somewhere I need to check or uncheck?

I’m not sure why it isn’t giving you C++ when you create it from the start as a C++ project. That is very strange.

But, you should still be able to put C++ into a project that start as blueprint. Go to file, and the dropdown should give you option to create a C++ class. You might need to make some other tweaks to get to work though.

That will help you practice C++ at least if that is all you want to do. I wouldn’t start a “real” project with anything until you can figure out what is wrong with your UE though. It should be giving you C++ if you selected C++ when first create project.

It is strange, isn’t it?

I might try to add some C++ classes to a blueprint project just to get starting, but I would like to be able to create full C++ projects too.

Turns out I hadn’t downloaded all visual studio workloads for UE4, but installing them sadly did not resolve anything.

I’m honestly a little lost, as there is no warnings at all. Doesn’t look like anyone else has a similar problem either.