Newbie needs help with texture file types

Hey, I’m new to Unreal and game development in general. I was opening up the materials editor for the first time and messing around when I found out that Unreal doesn’t support tiff files. All of my texture maps are tiff files. Could someone help me by telling which alternative file type that works with Unreal is best for each the following, because I have no clue.

Albedo
Normal
Roughness
Metallic
Height
Ambient Occlusion
Alpha
Anisotropy Angle

Thanks

Usually use .tga or .png
tga has the advantage where you can define the color beneath the alpha. PNG is convenient but you can’t control what gets put in the transparent areas which might result with a color fringe around alpha edges.
Also remember to combine any black and white images into a single texture map, for example you can put spec/roughness/metallic into one texture where each one is a different color channel, and then you can just use the individual color channel for those slots from the one texture.

Most artists I know prefer TGA. PNG is fine if you want to minimize disk space, but I avoid using it with alpha channels.

Alright, I think I got it. I thought it was going to be a lot more of a pain with like different file types for different maps, but this is nice an simple. Thanks again.