New Release on Marketplace: Sci-Fi Hallway

Worked like a charm. thanks!

Secret weapon fan :wink:

Also had the same problem. Jldevoy’s way fixed it. Thanks!

I would like to know as well. Are we allowed to use the assets in our own projects?

P.S. - Great work!

“Female game developers rock!”

Out of curiosity, did you use sculpting for any asset in scene?

I think he used NDO for most things if not all.

You can check some of the workflow here: Twitch (NDO is near the end)

From an art perspective its an outstanding environment.

Whilst I have dDo, however, it can be annoying to learn as their tutorials are based on the idea people have used it before, not that they’re an absoute beginner.

@WarrenM - Looks great but i have a question on the integration with UE4 - Is it full integration meaning you can see and change parameters of the textures and materials within UE4 or is it just the same pipeline as before where you just bake out makes then import them into UE4?

I understand photoshop is used to create the textures and adjust variable via actions and layer sets but from what i saw of the Cry Engine integration you can actually adjust parameters of the textures created by Quixel Suit within the engine.

Right now, you create the textures outside of UE4 using Photoshop and the Quixel SUITE and then import them - same as before.

We’re talking with Quixel about a possible plugin for UE4 but that’s not on the horizon anytime soon.

You can get more realtime control of textures and materials by using something like Substance, which does have a working plugin for UE4.

Suddenly, the editor started doing this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/143512782/a/why.png

And it doesn’t stop.
Restarting the editor or my computer doesn’t make it stop either.

Edit: Appearantly restarting the editor 5 more times makes it stop. Derp

Does anyone know what the polycount is for a scene like this? Wondering how much a typical next-gen interior of size should be for a project of mine.

Also curious what sort of precedent type of content will set.

You can check that in editor under primitive stats.

Ok, thanks! Is there any word as to when Quixel Suit is supposed to be release?

particular scene is pretty low poly but if you look at some of the other example scenes like the elemental demo and the effects caves they have a tremendous amount of polys on screen.

I would imagine that Sci-Fi hallway is closer to in-game spec but you could probably getaway with more polys.

Where do you find primitive stats? New to UE4/UDK.

Sorry I’m not on my comp that has the program at the moment, if I’m not mistaken its under Window > Statistics then you click the dropdown and choose primitive stats. It should show you the polycount there, total as well as individual.

Thanks for that.

For anyone wondering, the total Tris are 176,499 and the Sum Tris (not sure what that means) is listed at 622,248. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two? I searched the wiki to no avail.

Say you have Static mesh A which is 1000 tris, and it’s a crate. In the Tris column, it will list the tri count for each individual mesh, so Static Mesh A will have 1000 as the value. (The value of one of them). Say you have 5 of those crates dispersed around your map though, under Sum Tris you will see 5000 tris as the value, which is representative of the total number of Static Mesh A within that scene. Hope that clears it up.

I finding it quite strange that I can handle the Elemental Demo over 30fps but the Sci-Fi Hallway can barely run 20fps, is there something I am missing here because for me the Elemental Demo has a lot more stuff going on then the small Hallway room.