New Panoramic Rendering feature in UE5 Movie Render Queue

Hey guys, do you know how to rotate the camera to change the orientation of the 360 panorama? I tried it in both sequencer and the world detail panel, nothing works. Any ideas?

I have also tried this, rotating the cam, but it somehow seems locked when rendering the pano. Would be a helpful feature especially to resolve trouble areas of the render.

Hi, I’m also experiencing black rendering issues in version 5.1.1. Is there a solution for panoramic rendering now? Especially when the camera tilts, the black blocks are more noticeable. Also, I can’t change the main camera’s orientation, so the middle of the panoramic sequence is always facing the positive X-axis direction of the world coordinate system.

I had raytracing and translucency enabled in 5.0 and panorama was working fine
with no crashes. I had the black screen render issue in 5.1, and now the GPU crash in 5.1.1.

1 Like

Eek, sounds pretty unstable in different ways for many. Yeah, other solutions like OWL 360 render are currently lacking some features, despite it being great for lower fidelity projects, but if you need lumen, rt reflections, and latest rendering features working its not perfect.

I don’t know what is going on. I am sincerely hoping they try and fix this. Paranomic rendering can’t be using 20gb of vram in order to render. That imho is too much.

From my observations, 5.0 uses 10-12gb while 5.1.1 uses 20-23gb with Allocate History per pane enabled. Doesn’t matter if the scene is empty. I am not sure why this huge amount of ram is required. There is a huge increase from 5.0 to 5.1.1, why does 5.1.1 require an extra 10gb to render?

1 Like

Do you have any idea if Stereoscopic rendering is also in the works? (would prob. take even more memory though)

Unfortunately no idea. Yeah, I think it will take more memory. I am hoping that Epic devs look into optimizing the paranomic rendering in 5.1.1 to use less memory. 20gb+ is too much :pray:

Please file an official bug report with your issues, they seem responsive when users do that…not so much when we discuss issues here. Hopefully it will get fixed in the next rev.

Anyone found the best settings for a clean high res 360 using this? the edges are often very jaggedy or highlights are very noisy and speckled. Sometimes its just very ghosted. Trying to figure out what settings to use for the fastest quality without it taking hours to render out.

Was testing the custom horizontal FOV but seems if you go below 120 with 8 horizontal steps you will get a lot of ghosting. i’m not sure what its using when set to 0 as default though.

As for AA, setting it to TSR gives good edges but terrible noise. MSAA is inbetween. leaving it on none seems to require the most time and samples.

I also cant find any documentation for this

1 Like

If you can get it to run and render without issue the ghosting is resolved in 5.1.1 . For aa, just set to none in mrq and at least set it to 14 samples. Also, we render 6k to produce clean 4k renders…but again, this all depends on your video card capability. I have never gotten a clean 1x1 resolution render, so always render higher res and downsample in post.

I just tried a test on my local machine using 5.1.1, RTX 2080 super 8 gigs of ram, so nothing super high end for todays standards. The pano actually rendered fine at 6x3k, allocate history on. My first time trying on this low end card, driver 528.02. Are others still having issues? My scene has nanite, lumen, tons of scattered geo and textures/megascan assets and volumetrics.

any results ?? i don’t know what happening but every time i render even with a good machine it crashes. Its my fyp can someone guide me how’ to stop crashing panormic 360 ?

it support stereoscopic render. But your need fixed some bug in source code. I think the mian problem is huge memory for render.

@MonsterNice how did you enabled the stereoscopic support? Can you please share your source code changes?

1 Like

I was having the same issue did some tests and camera rotation was issue (also similar if object to close to camera) :

Yaw Rotation is not the issue tested 5 - 360 its Roll and Pitch above 10:

Roll 5 Pitch 5 Yaw 5 = Fine
Roll 5 Pitch 5 Yaw 90 = Fine
Roll 5 Pitch 5 Yaw 360 = Fine
Roll 10 Pitch 5 Yaw 90 = Fine
Roll 0 Pitch 10 Yaw 90 = Fine
Roll 10 Pitch 0 Yaw 90 = Fine
Roll 10 Pitch 10 Yaw 90 = Bad
Roll 15 Pitch 0 Yaw 90 = Bad
Roll 0 Pitch 15 Yaw 90 = Bad

I made some tests
on some map it crash (need to test if nanite or sublevel could be the problem).
Error: appError called: Assertion failed: View.ViewRect.Area()

on some other map, sometime it work sometime it crash (changing nothing but render parameter)

if i change the vertical field of view, i have black lines on my rendering
when i change the horizontal fov : it crash
Assertion failed: InSizeX > 0 && InSizeY > 0 [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TextureRenderTarget2D.cpp] [Line: 98]

General Process:

1. Copy the Movie Render Pipeline Mask plugin to local project folder (So you can make changes and recompile)
  2. Setup C++ in project if not already setup
  3. Open Panoramic cpp: “MoviePipelineMaskRenderPass/Private/MoviePipelinePanoramicPass.cpp”
  4. Around line 26 there’s a declaration “bStereo(false)”, change to true
  5. Recompile

Right now I’ve got stereo rendering working, but there’s black lines in my render. I’m testing if adjusting fov can fix it.

1 Like

I didn’t figure out how to get stereo rendering to work since I’m on a time limit, and wasn’t that familar with Unreal C++ yet. I ended up doing stereo rendering manually:

1. Create 2 cameras as children to the main sequence camera, relatively offseting it to left and right, so they follow main camera’s motion.
  2. Clock all the effects I use to a timeline track, to enforce continuity between renders. This is also useful if you want to split your render jobs!
  3. Render both camera and then combine in an external editing software (I’m using blender for assembly), then I edit it as a whole in other softwares.

I do hope it get better support and proper documentation, but for the moment I’ll just do it manually

1 Like

hi, this thread below has a fix that worked for me, switching to direct x 11, 360 view are rendering perfectly now at 8000 x 4000 pixels for a heavy scene, running on rtx 4070 8gb vram, legion i7 laptop

thanks