New Panoramic Rendering feature in UE5 Movie Render Queue

I’m having the same issue. Running a 7900xtx and getting GPU D3D crash. I think it might have something to do with Direct X 12.

Happy about the bug fix here. I opened up a 5 scene that was working with the pano plugin, large mountain temple environment. It renders fine here, I used the same exact movie RQ render settings I was using in 5.0 and it renders fine in 5.1.1. Also, the ghosting seams issue looks to have been fixed.

afaik, my studio box has not gotten any other updates, driver updates. I just installed the hotfix, opened, kicked out 30 test frames at 6k and it worked.

If multiple people are having issues please report it asap, they seem to be pretty responsive.

I am having the same issue as well. Hopefully, there is a workaround for this. Any chance we can get a quick fix from the Epic devs?

It would be awful if we will have to wait for a 5.1.2 release

@rsena Which Nvidia gpu driver version are you using? Are you also using a Game ready driver or studio driver? :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is the driver and specs that its running fine on in 5.1.1, windows 10. When you render, do you render “remote” or local, maybe its eating up more ram with the update? Note, I ran it again for a sanity check, works, and also seems to run/warm up faster and start rendering…maybe they optimized the compiling to cache when you first run it?

Thanks for the info. My driver version is 528.49, Driver version-DCH. It is the latest driver. I am using an RTX 2080, 8gb ram.

I render local. Then it crashes.

Try to render remote, close the unreal session that is not running when the remote pops up to render. Also test render a super low res to start, say 256*512. Make sure to remove “deferred render” from movie rq. You can test with “game override” option enabled in movie rq…I believe I added that for a reason, perhaps it will help, but I forget, it was from a project from a few months ago.

Tried it. Still crashes. Is your scene using nanite and lumen? I tried that Rural Australia Project which I think doesn’t use Lumen or Nanite and the paranomic rendering works fine.

I am guessing maybe because your gpu has 24gb vram so thats why it doesn’t crash? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yup, my scene is using, nanite, lumen, and latest reflection (hit) type, along with volume clouds, multiple lights, landscapes, etc. 6kx3k render.

It may be something with your scene? Switch the working scene to lumen lighting, if it works, it may just be the scene itself and something in it…UE render issues a a little trickier to debug than a standard (reliable) cpu render engine (arnold, prman,vray) lol. Yes, the video card may be helping, some of my scenes from 5.0 pano setup would not render with my home machine with rtx2080 super 8gig ram. I have not tested the same scenes on my home box using 5.1.1 and the pano plugin.

Tried the lumen lighting and reflections with the Rural Australia project. The panoramic rendering works. Couldn’t turn the static meshes to nanite. Seems that might have been disabled by the original creator (I might be wrong).

Currently troubleshooting by deleting things in my scene and trying again. Still crashing.
According to @AF01 it doesn’t matter how simple the scene is.

Just for a sanity check, maybe make a blank new scene, with a few objects, one nanite and see if it works before reporting it as a bug. There is always a handful of reasons why rendering seems to crash in UE haha, it can be hard to track down.

I deleted all the static meshes only in my scene, and it worked so I am trying to find the offending static mesh, not sure if its because its nanite or not yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

Its nanite meshes that is causing the crash. I disabled nanite for all the static meshes and its now rendering.

I need others who have this issue to please check and confirm this. This might be an issue maybe with the latest driver or maybe the RTX cards?

It is rendering very slow though.

I’m using an AMD 7900XTX. The only way I’ve managed to avoid a crash when rendering panoramas in 5.1.1 is to turn off ‘Use Hardware Ray Tracing when available’ under Lumen in the Project Settings. I also had to switch Translucency Type to Raster in the Post Process Volume.

Was hardware raytrace and the other translucency type working in the previous version of UE for you? I am pretty sure I have hardware rt on, and have not changed translucency settings. Just asking in case others run into it and need to narrow down its issues/crash causes. I checked my scene and “support for hardware raytracing” is enabled, to confirm its on.

Is there a reason why you haven’t updated your gpu driver to the latest?

Its a studio box, I was on a project for a while so we stuck with the one that was the latest when that started, haven’t bothered to update/request it to be updated since things seem stable…tend not to often unless an issue arises and its GPU related. Over 24+yrs I have found new driver does not always mean more stable or better, sometimes we have to roll back to what’s stable. You could roll back the driver to test, but that’s not convenient I know. You may get better feedback by officially filing a bug report so they can look into the issue.

Yeah, installed 516.93, couldn’t find 516. 59. Still did not work. I think the reason why yours works is because of the vram being higher. Mine is 8gb, yours is 24gb. You are definitely less likely to have crashes.

I am wondering if the devs were testing the paranomic tool with high end gpus and didn’t test with lower end ones hence the issue.

Yeah, it could just be that…unsure why it would crash with a simple scene, say a plane and a single nanite object for you, if you havent tested that. As mentioned, I have been rendering on the 24gig card, not my 8gig card…I just setup the scene on my local 8gig card machine before porting it over to a studio box to render the 360s.

Does anyone know if this tool will be extended with stereoscopic rendering?

Also, just my 2 cents, it’s rendering all black when I enable “Allocate History Per Pane” and is rendering as expected with this option disabled (UE5.1.1, RTX3090, Studio Driver 528.49)

Interesting, I have only tested it with “Allocate History Per Pane” -enabled-, like we have had to in the past to get a correct looking image. Enabled works on my system. The update sounds unstable.